Sign in to follow this  
apprentice

LAST NIGHTS RESERVE GAME

Did anybody else go to the game against Southampton?

I must say I was disappointed in Jason Jarrett who I thought look very very ordinary considering alot of the Southampton team appeared to be youngsters.

I also thought young Rossi Jarvis was very lucky to stay on the pitch after his horrendous tackle in the first half.

On a positive note the youngster Michael Spillane looked good at back as i believe he is only sixteen.  Also nice to see the three youngsters involved in the car accident earlier this year on the pitch together having all made good recoveries.

Yes i was too very dissapointed with Jason Jarrets performance. I understand that he is still trying to build up his fitness and it wasnt the most important game of his life, but to be honest he stood out as the worst player on the pitch.
I was very dissapointed.

Yes...Jarrett was poor last night. Spillane definitely looked like one of our best players. I thought their forwards were all pretty good, especially the pacy (no. 9?) - he looks like a Shaun Wright-Philips for the future. 

[quote]Yes...Jarrett was poor last night. Spillane definitely looked like one of our best players. I thought their forwards were all pretty good, especially the pacy (no. 9?) - he looks like a Shaun Wright-P...[/quote]

It wasn''t Walcott, was it? I saw him play against Wolves on telly on the first day of the season... when he came on, I laughed and said that Wolves'' defence would have him for breakfast and throw away the bones... he then proceeded to run rings around them and livened up what was a particularly dull match until that point... certainly one for the future, and I think a few lower-league clubs are looking to take him on loan.

I nearly went last night, as well...

I thought Jarrett was poor too! havent been online lately as on hols, and broke knuckle at karate on tuesday night so typing one handed, sorry for that too. but as usual i was at the reserves fixture. immensely disappointed, particularly with the aforementioned, who looked ordinary even amongst the kids. thought mcveigh thorne et al might have too much for soton, but one point blank header t from thorne aside we didnt create much. The jarvis sending off you could see a mile off, after his horrific tackle ealrier, pity webb didnt see it coming too! spillane looks raw but very strong and has some talent, and nice to see el ouargui back and running about fter his accidednt. ward looked sound too i thought, though not overworked. Hope for better performances soon though, because this was depressing. One-handed typing - not recomended.