Sign in to follow this  
Barndoor

Derby policing

Can I say how impressed I was with the policing yesterday. They treated us like humans instead of animals.

Just leaving us to walk to and from the ground not holding us in afterwards.

Made a brilliant change.

Having us use the same entrance to the station after the gamewas the only issue normally we get into the station by a side entrance. It got a bit fruity a few times apart from that brilliant

have to say it felt a little weird walking side by side with the filfth back to the train station after more than 2 decades of being kept in the ground for over half an hour afterwards .

yes there were plenty of police lining the road but that wouldnt have stopped anyone taking a first hit ...or worse carrying something??

Fair play to them, the policing was excellent yesterday. Far less heavy handed than usual, and i think generally the fans were better behaved as a result. Lots of yelling and squaring up, but didn''t see a single punch thrown.Credit to them for actually allowing us in the pubs before the game, too. Made a nice change - though could''ve done with a pint afterwards. Maybe next time, eh?