Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

Wes to sign a new 2yr deal

I apologise for saying that you love everything, but now your trying to make me into an ''anti-Adams'' supporter which isn''t exactly true is.

''Rude efforts to spin what you written about him''

There''s no point in even responding to this in a way as you have your own agenda to quash anything of truth said against the matches he''s been involved with. You can''t get round the fact that we''re in different seasons and the circumstances are completely different, the 4 games in which adams'' tactics mostly let us down have no relation to how I see this season going.

I think now I can say it.

I think he got it....I think he''s got it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4WU-iuETw

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally i would have liked someone who has been a manager in this league or other football leagues before because I''d feel the club was in safer hands than Adams because like i''ve said before, who know how he''ll do chick. On the other hand, because we don''t know much about him he could turn into the best manager this club has ever had, no-one knows; perhaps this also adds to the excitement of this season as well.[/quote]So did the directors. I don''t think there is any doubt Mackay was the first choice, but he was not so keen on us as we were on him. Zola would fit your description, but his record is essentially one of failure. Lennon, despite having his supporters here, is an unknown quantity. He has never been tested as a manager over a long league saeson, and in any event it seems he wanted to break from football, since he has not taken a newjob. Supposedly we considered Garcia, but his has only one - spotty - season behind him with Brighton.Apart from Mackay (who had his detractors here) there was not much choice. If you doubt that look at the uninspiring choices made by West Brom (despite the lure of the Premier League) and Nottingham Forest. Stuart Pearce???

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally i would have liked someone who has been a manager in this league or other football leagues before because I''d feel the club was in safer hands than Adams because like i''ve said before, who know how he''ll do chick. On the other hand, because we don''t know much about him he could turn into the best manager this club has ever had, no-one knows; perhaps this also adds to the excitement of this season as well.[/quote]So did the directors. I don''t think there is any doubt Mackay was the first choice, but he was not so keen on us as we were on him. Zola would fit your description, but his record is essentially one of failure. Lennon, despite having his supporters here, is an unknown quantity. He has never been tested as a manager over a long league saeson, and in any event it seems he wanted to break from football, since he has not taken a newjob. Supposedly we considered Garcia, but his has only one - spotty - season behind him with Brighton.Apart from Mackay (who had his detractors here) there was not much choice. If you doubt that look at the uninspiring choices made by West Brom (despite the lure of the Premier League) and Nottingham Forest. Stuart Pearce???[/quote]I think Mackay would be just a big a risk as any. He did well at Watford with a young squad and precious little in funds. Cardiff is a different matter. He spent £15million on players the season they went up - there is little evidence suggesting we''d do that. They then spent heavily to stay up - more than we did in any of our premier league seasons, in fact not far of being equal to or more than we spent in transfers across three seasons . . . . . and they failed. Despite some good results, they also had some shocking results.He has experience, but I''m not sure he''s really there yet. I accept that neither is Adams. But I don''t see how Malky would be a greatly better option - marginal in some ways perhaps.And I do feel you are a tad harsh on Lennon. He''ll have experience at Celtic, that a lot of managers at this level could only dream of having. His career as a player was mainly in English football. And at Celtic he has not only managed a massive club, he has also managed top players, and managed European games as well as the games against Rangers.It may well be a test for him to see how to use a squad over a longer season but like I say, he would have experienced that first hand as a player.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally i would have liked someone who has been a manager in this league or other football leagues before because I''d feel the club was in safer hands than Adams because like i''ve said before, who know how he''ll do chick. On the other hand, because we don''t know much about him he could turn into the best manager this club has ever had, no-one knows; perhaps this also adds to the excitement of this season as well.[/quote]So did the directors. I don''t think there is any doubt Mackay was the first choice, but he was not so keen on us as we were on him. Zola would fit your description, but his record is essentially one of failure. Lennon, despite having his supporters here, is an unknown quantity. He has never been tested as a manager over a long league saeson, and in any event it seems he wanted to break from football, since he has not taken a newjob. Supposedly we considered Garcia, but his has only one - spotty - season behind him with Brighton.Apart from Mackay (who had his detractors here) there was not much choice. If you doubt that look at the uninspiring choices made by West Brom (despite the lure of the Premier League) and Nottingham Forest. Stuart Pearce???[/quote]I think Mackay would be just a big a risk as any. He did well at Watford with a young squad and precious little in funds. Cardiff is a different matter. He spent £15million on players the season they went up - there is little evidence suggesting we''d do that. They then spent heavily to stay up - more than we did in any of our premier league seasons, in fact not far of being equal to or more than we spent in transfers across three seasons . . . . . and they failed. Despite some good results, they also had some shocking results.He has experience, but I''m not sure he''s really there yet. I accept that neither is Adams. But I don''t see how Malky would be a greatly better option - marginal in some ways perhaps.And I do feel you are a tad harsh on Lennon. He''ll have experience at Celtic, that a lot of managers at this level could only dream of having. His career as a player was mainly in English football. And at Celtic he has not only managed a massive club, he has also managed top players, and managed European games as well as the games against Rangers.It may well be a test for him to see how to use a squad over a longer season but like I say, he would have experienced that first hand as a player.[/quote]Chicken, my point was not that Mackay was the right choice (although I think he was) but that the directors had done what mrs miggins wanted and gone for experience by approaching him as first choice. As for Lennon, I entirely get your argument. I still believe he needs to allow himself to be tested in a really competitive league. Essentially what he has done is have a few cup runs, and I think it too much of a risk to assume he would make a good Championship manager for us. But that is only an opinion.