Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

Wes to sign a new 2yr deal

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I disagree, with the diamond v the diamond like you say you have to match them, but because liverpool play with gerrard (because he''s now older) sitting very deep, almost in line with the back 4, because of this, it often allows their fullback to push on forward

--------------GK-------------

-----CB-----------CB-------

RB-----Gerard------------

Norwich city forward line

-------------------------LB

RM-------------------LM

-----ST--CAM---ST----

It leaves space because the way liverpool play is very clever under Rodgers, it moves the opposition around into places they don''t want to be.

To combat this we needed to pack the midfield and stick the person that played behind the striker in the CAM position, he needed to stick to gerrard like glue. Obviously there''s the saying ''everyones a manager.'' but its just so blindly obvious. Even if the manager didn''t play the way i would have, there''s ''things not to do v liverpool'' ...he did every single one of them.[/quote]
You can still put pressure the sort of pressure on Gerrard you demand in a diamond though. Push up your attacking midfielder onto him and it''s still 3v3 in the centre of the midfield (also in your proposed formation it would still be 2v3 in the centre of the midfield in their favor). Their full-backs could be contained by your own full-backs, who should be comfortable in the one-on-one.
As I said, it''s not what I would of done (I just think that with the amount of time Adam''s had to coach them, asking the players to play a diamond was wholly unrealistic) but it makes complete sense in theory and a side comfortable playing the diamond would have easily got something against Liverpool. 

Jenkins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 6:11 PM:

Apology accepted, i understand that you have a downer on our manager, hopefully after a few games when he demonstrates how good he is you will feel able to change your opinion of him.

In the mean time, resist the temptation to make these negative comments, its not helpfull, there are plenty of others out there who relish that mantel as I am sure you appreciate

------------------------------

Again, I think you have trouble reading, i''ve never said he won''t be good for us this season, i''ve said before that I don''t understand why we chose him instead of a proper manager, but don''t make it into lies and say that i''m negative about neil adams taking over this season, because (again) like i said before, none of us know how he''ll do. All of this ''it will affect the club'' kind of nonsense is ridiculous and just makes you sound like a little girl, now thats the last time i respond to you in this thread hopefully because you just don''t read what people say..

I personally disagree phillip, I think you''re right if we were playing someone like Fulham with their players, but I think with not only the players liverpool have as well as the way Rodgers interprets his diamond shape, its a class above us.

miggins. " I''ve never said that he wont be good for us this season"

You have said he was hopeless for us last season though haven''t you, mmm now then let me think this through..........

Do you really want to rallying cheapcheap?

You started this discussion by the way, look back!

He was hopeless for us (apart from chelsea where he set up the team really well) last season. Read the posts then think it through, thats what you should do. Gather all the information and come to a reasoned conclusion after thinking it through.

believe it or not, i think the same as I did 30 minutes ago when I said he was hopeless against the big teams (except chelsea, just for you) in the best league in the world with our team, but I don''t know if he''ll be good or bad this season when he''s given a proper chance in the championship when we''re the best team on paper atm. I look forward to answering the same question in another half hour.

Based on your assesment of him being a hopeless manager last season, what sort of manager do you think he will be this season?

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 05/08/2014 8:52 PM:I do think it was a * appointment yes, because I think we could have got someone that gives me peace of mind that we can go back up. With adams, because he''s never been a manager before, we don''t know what to expect. I see this as a disadvantage. We don''t know really anything about him, so on one hand he could be even better than any manager we''d likely be able to get, on the other he maybe bryan gunn No2. I don''t understand why the decision was made to make him our manager, especially when we are such an attractive prospect compared to most other teams in the championship, however the decision has been made and am looking forward to the season, I''m happy that so far we''ve managed to keep our players (except RVW and £8m for snodders-what a great deal that was) and i''m happy that we''ve signed Grabban especially. Hooper and Grabban in the same squad, yes please

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 05/08/2014 9:18 PM:If things go badly I won''t be on here going ''look Jenkins I told you so.'' Because my point is that I don''t know and nor do you. You can feel positive because we have a good team, but to say he''s an excellent manager you cannot (well you can say he''s an excellent manager but at this point you''d be wrong, just like if I was to say ''he''s a terrible manager'' I would be wrong)

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 2:00 PM:It''s not anti adams, what I said was that no-one knows how he''s going to do in this league as he has never been a manger in the league. No-one can judge him on those 5 games (thankfully for him) going into this season. I''m positive for the season ahead because we have the players and am hopeful Adams be ok, I don''t know. What my point was, was that you can''t say he''s an excellent manager, your relentless positivity has made you say that, there''s no reason to say ''he''s an excellent manager'', he may be, but we don''t know yet.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 5:13 PM:As I said before, no-one can judge him if he''ll be good or bad based on these decisions as they''re against the top teams in the best league in the world. We''re in the championship now and Adams has got his chance to show what he can do. He''s got the the job and the best of luck to him. Hopefully he''ll do well, but at this point no-one can say he''s an excellent manager, your reasons why you think he''s an excellent manager aren''t good enough. I think he will do well because of the team he has at his disposal, but who knows yet.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 5:34 PM:If we go up this season, it will be because of the manager, the players, the team spirit, transfer activity etc. Everyone will get praise, especially the manager and quite rightly so.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 6:22 PM:i''ve never said he won''t be good for us this season, i''ve said before that I don''t understand why we chose him instead of a proper manager, but don''t make it into lies and say that i''m negative about neil adams taking over this season, because (again) like i said before, none of us know how he''ll do.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/08/2014 7:01 PM:believe it or not, i think the same as I did 30 minutes ago when I said he was hopeless against the big teams (except chelsea, just for you) in the best league in the world with our team, but I don''t know if he''ll be good or bad this season when he''s given a proper chance in the championship when we''re the best team on paper atm. I look forward to answering the same question in another half hour.

read, I''ve put all the posts relating to your question together so you can see that i''ve said that we''ve got a great team at our disposal (the best in the league on paper atm) and that I don''t know how anyone can make any sort of judgement on him as a manager as we don''t know what we''re getting. This team I believe can win the league, but I don''t know if we will just like I don''t know if we won''t because, as i''ve said before, we don''t know what sort of manager we''re going to get. He may be great, he may be alright, he may be the next B. Gunn. I look forward to answering the same question in another hour just like the same one an hour ago, and an hour before that....and the one before that...

I think he got it....I think he''s got it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4WU-iuETw

Miggins "I don''t know how anyone can make any sort of judgement on him as a manager as we don''t know what we''re getting"

You made a judgement on him last season......."hopeless" , team set up " ........."atrocious almost scandelous"......."an embarrassment"

You were very quick to judge him and condemn him last season, to now say you dont know how anyone can make any sort of judgement on him as a manager is absurd, come clean and be honest my man.

oh dear, maybe not. ok just for you. :)

So this is what happened from memory, now correct me if i''m wrong; now hughton was sacked with 5 games to go and Adam was given the ''poison chalice'' to take the task. Out of the 5 games, 4 of them he was ''hopeless'' (as I described him) in, the other being Chelsea, where he did great. Now although he was hopeless in this short amount of time where team spirit was dreadful and we looked relegated with just the top teams to play, I don''t think anyone can judge from this short space in time how he''ll do this season as they are not related. He had to take the ''poison chalice'' for that short, brief amount of time. Now he''s been given the job and can prepare properly for a season like a proper manager which is how he''ll be judged.

Now if you want me to give a more pleasing answer for you, say if you gave me the choice between:

a) will he be a success or

b) will he be a failure

I would go with A, he''ll be a success. The reason for this is although I thought in his 5 games in charge and 4 of them he was hopeless, I could say that the championship is much more simpler and more like how it is in the youth cup that Adams won magnificently as well as the fact that we have the best team on paper atm.

However, although this answer maybe pleasing to you and this false positivity will somehow help the club with this one post, its not what I think (believe it or not from looking at all the other posts). As i''ve said and reposted, you can''t judge Adams going into this season from his time in the youth cup and you can''t judge him when he was given the ''poison chalice'' in such a short amount of time. Is it really that hard to understand, I don''t mean to insult your intelligence, but surely you can see that you can''t properly judge him from the youth cup or those 5 games...because there were only 5 games? They give us an indication of what it might be like, but you can''t come to any real conclusion like you have when the season hasn''t even started yet.

I suppose the question is whether you feel any of the other candidates were really any better.Makay - spent £15million on getting Cardiff promoted and more than any manager has had at this club to form a decent premier league squad and struggled. A debatable case that is for sure - but certainly not what I would call a ''safe bet''. Supposedly wanted to hold out and see if a Premier League club came in for him.Zola - has achieved less than Makay, perhaps without the resources. Possibly has good contacts in Italy - but it didn''t help him to get Watford higher up the league. As Makay really - hasn''t got a lot on his managerial CV to write home about and his last job was as a manager of a championship club and he quit, partly in response to his team not performing well.Sherwood - did well to work with the players at his disposal at Spurs, especially taking over the reigns after such a rocky start. However - when it comes to the experience of building his own squad - he has exactly the same as Adams did at the same time - none.Lennon - to me, represented the best possible option out of the list of managers people were suggesting. He''s still relatively young, keen and has tasted success at Celtic. He may not know this league as a manager but he does know it as a player. His time at Celtic may well have given him contacts inside and outside of this country and he''d be used to pressure. Was he available at the time? Who knows?As I said at the time, I would say three from that list are about equal in asking to be given a chance at this level by our club. None of them are much better placed than the other. The one thing Neil did have to his advantage was that he had already got in and started working with the players.The biggest problem he had at the tail end of last season was that the writing was already on the wall. It didn''t really matter what formation he played, it was about picking the best possible side in terms of physically and mentally prepared players. And then to try and work with them to instill some belief again. I believe he did that. Tactically things may not have worked - but they hadn''t been working all season, and to try and turn that around in only four games, in arguably the best league in the world, against some of the toughest opposition in that league - it''s asking a lot of any manager let alone one that is cutting his teeth.But at the end of the day, last season is gone. It''s dead and buried. We have Adams as the manager now and the team appear to have reverted to a more forward thinking style of football. Lets see if Adams can get them to put it into practice against the opposition in the league this season.

Personally i would have liked someone who has been a manager in this league or other football leagues before because I''d feel the club was in safer hands than Adams because like i''ve said before, who know how he''ll do chick. On the other hand, because we don''t know much about him he could turn into the best manager this club has ever had, no-one knows; perhaps this also adds to the excitement of this season as well.

I believe it was you that started this Miggins and we all know what you think of Adams, despite your desparate, verbose and sometimes rude efforts to spin what you have said about him.