Sign in to follow this  
kye

best and worst tv football commentators/pundits

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I particularly hate it ( did I say hate ....well, I meant hate ) when American commentators are used. The commentary is usually filled with inputs like:

Commentator: "He''ll never catch that pass. Mind you, I don''t think I would have caught that even in my prime. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha."

Colour man ( whatever that means ): "Oh, sure you would Biff. Your good lady kept you on the move. Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha."

Commentator: "HA, HA,HA, HA,HA, HEARTY HA, HA!!!!!!!"

[/quote]

I''ve no idea what any of that means.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I particularly hate it ( did I say hate ....well, I meant hate ) when American commentators are used. The commentary is usually filled with inputs like:

Commentator: "He''ll never catch that pass. Mind you, I don''t think I would have caught that even in my prime. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha."

Colour man ( whatever that means ): "Oh, sure you would Biff. Your good lady kept you on the move. Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha."

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you should just smile and think that, sometimes, ignorance is bliss.  [:D]

Not many make the ''good'' category, but i''d put Neville in there from MNF, great analyst and glad he''s working with England. I like Lineker as a presenter on MOTD even with his poor jokes and occasional ignorance for lower teams. He was good when I went to SPOTY live in December as well. I find Roy Keane pretty entertaining to watch as he speaks his mind. Danny Murphy is pretty good as well.

As for bad, there are many, Danny Mills repeatedly grinds my gears and there''s a few of the old guard like Lawro that need to be given their retirement. Shearer and Owen are a bit boring to be honest as well.

As for commentators, they are often a bit dodgy but I liked Jonathan Pierce when he first came to Channel 5, he was so cringeworthy it was great and refreshing. Motto has seen better days but knows his stuff. One of them jobs i''d love to do and my mates sometimes get me to commentate their FIFA games as i''m supposedly quite good (maybe they are taking the p**s!).

I prefer Radio commentary to TV as radio commentators have to do more and TV commentators often just fill in the gaps with useless anecdotes and poor jokes!

Special mention to Kamara who is just hillarious! Jeff Stelling is a good presenter as well.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you should just smile and think that, sometimes, ignorance is bliss.  [:D]

[/quote]

No, seriously, what does it mean, why is he trying to catch a pass, why is funny that Biff''s good lady kept him on the move and what does HEARTY mean in the middle of the HA''s?

Andy bloody Townsend is the worst of the lot, plastic paddy always on about his old clubs, the way he talks you would think he never played anywhere but Chelsea n Villa

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Best commentator is Motty, John Motson is just great. I hate Garth Crooks...like many of us it seems.[/quote]

Garth Crooks went to the Richard Madeley school of interviewing. Ask a stupidly long and convoluted question and then answer it as well.

Worst pundits - Lawrenson, Shearer, Crooks

Best - Gary Neville, Lee Dixon

Worst commentators - unfortunately I have to say the female one, I don''t know her name. Gerry Harrison.

Best - David Coleman, Motson.

Hoddle appears to be a good pundit but is a wee bit annoying as he over complicates it and makes it sound like you need a masters in football management.