Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Mr McNally and next season

I''ve seen much debate about whether DM should be here next season. I for one would be both disappointed and angry with him and/or the club if he left. Its at times like this when I want to see someone show that, ok, mistakes were made, but this is now the time to stand up and fix the mess. I''m sure he had his reasons for supporting Hughton as long as he did, it''s proven to be wrong....

So, roll your sleeves up, and help get us back there. I''m sure he will, and in my opinion he is the best man to do so, lets hope within 2-3 days of the Arsenal game, if it ends as it realistically seems, the blueprint for us returning quickly is drawn and the fans can at least see a vision for the coming season.

At the moment the potential, painful reality is roar, but.....we are in a better position that any of the relegated clubs from the last 10 years, other than Newcastle, to come back up. We will be the envy of nearly all in that league, with our support and our finances. Get the right Manager, change the thinking of our players, sort the squad out early and, if we hit the front after 10 games next season, the positivity will return in buckets. A successful season will then hopefully see us return with lessons learned and money in the bank.

The question is, will he want to stay?

Somehow I have my doubts, look at his track record in business and football - just maybe he will want to move himself on after a year of undisguised failure.

I quote ''you do not get rewarded for failure''!

I think it would be a very brave decision for McNally to stay.If he does then he needs to ensure that he does not become the issue, and the only way that I can see that working is if he can adequately explain keeping CH for as long as he did, when everyone except the (b)inners could see that CH was the problem.

He will get no better job than here. The question is do we want him. My view is yes despite the mistakes which i hope he learns from and we can all move forward. He cannot afford a poor start to our championship campaign though

McNally has made 1 big mistake since coming to our club, on the whole he has been excellent and anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to take a step back and look at where we came from.

He tried to do the right thing by sticking with Hughton, sadly, that was the wrong decision made for the right reasons. You could argue that Hughton wasn''t the right man for the job but that''s debatable.

We will be in an eviable position next season, financially secure and no need to sell, we will have managers banging on the door. Personally, I think its too early for Adams to take the reigns, I wouldn''t want him to be the next Bryan Gunn.

Have I got things wrong here?

McNally is the CEO not a dictator. He can''t go to the board and say I want Hughton out.

Perhaps we will never know who was for Hughton being kicked out earlier and who wanted him until the bitter end and that for me this is the problem.

If there has been a strong difference of opinion there will only be one winner, the majority share holders. If the CEO thinks his recommendations are undermined there is a strong chance he will quit.

If he does I doubt he will give the true reason for that decision.

I sincerely hope stays.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]McNally has made 1 big mistake since coming to our club, on the whole he has been excellent and anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to take a step back and look at where we came from.

He tried to do the right thing by sticking with Hughton, sadly, that was the wrong decision made for the right reasons. You could argue that Hughton wasn''t the right man for the job but that''s debatable.

We will be in an eviable position next season, financially secure and no need to sell, we will have managers banging on the door. Personally, I think its too early for Adams to take the reigns, I wouldn''t want him to be the next Bryan Gunn.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.