Sign in to follow this  
Rufus Smalls

Sky Sports Premier League worst XI 2013/14 - RVW up front.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ray"]LDC, Stats may be best left ionside a computer, and perhaps memories best left inside the head. To say RvW gained us 4 points as a direct result of him being on the pitch, is a bit rich, because; 1) Whose to say a player playing instead of him wouldn''t have sored the goal (his only goal) 2) Perhaps his shot on target v Southampton should have gone in and shouldn''t of needing following up by someone else and ano could have done the same 3) Harassing of Spurs players, again, whose to say his replacement would not of done that 4) Had another player being taking his place there is a fair chance they would have scored more goals and earned us more points So I do not think it is small beer, in fact I''m not even sure I would class it as half a shandy. I''ve got it, he''s gone teetotal?[/quote]

You may be right, but we''re talking about facts here.  Stats are "facts" in the starkest terms - but they rarely give you the full picture.  My facts about his goal against Everton and the winning the ball against Tottenham which led to the goal - are irrefutable in every way.   Your points are mere conjecture in comparison.

[/quote]  

Oh do shut up you obnoxious little twerp!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ray"]LDC, Stats may be best left ionside a computer, and perhaps memories best left inside the head. To say RvW gained us 4 points as a direct result of him being on the pitch, is a bit rich, because; 1) Whose to say a player playing instead of him wouldn''t have sored the goal (his only goal) 2) Perhaps his shot on target v Southampton should have gone in and shouldn''t of needing following up by someone else and ano could have done the same 3) Harassing of Spurs players, again, whose to say his replacement would not of done that 4) Had another player being taking his place there is a fair chance they would have scored more goals and earned us more points So I do not think it is small beer, in fact I''m not even sure I would class it as half a shandy. I''ve got it, he''s gone teetotal?[/quote]

You may be right, but we''re talking about facts here.  Stats are "facts" in the starkest terms - but they rarely give you the full picture.  My facts about his goal against Everton and the winning the ball against Tottenham which led to the goal - are irrefutable in every way.   Your points are mere conjecture in comparison. [/quote]  

[/quote]

Did you bother to follow through the discussion - mind, I said DISCUSSION - I had with Ray?   You will see that we finished it amicably and sensibly.   You have looked at one post, jumped in and thrown in your gratuitous insult.  Read things through and make sure you get the full picture or you will end up looking like an idiot......oh.....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

You may be right, but we''re talking about facts here.  Stats are "facts" in the starkest terms - but they rarely give you the full picture.  My facts about his goal against Everton and the winning the ball against Tottenham which led to the goal - are irrefutable in every way.   Your points are mere conjecture in comparison.

[/quote]  

[/quote]

Did you bother to follow through the discussion - mind, I said DISCUSSION - I had with Ray?   You will see that we finished it amicably and sensibly.   You have looked at one post, jumped in and thrown in your gratuitous insult.  Read things through and make sure you get the full picture or you will end up looking like an idiot......oh.....

[/quote]

Add arrogant to obnoxious LDC, as for idiot you can add that to your ever growing list of qualities too.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ray"]LDC, Stats may be best left ionside a computer, and perhaps memories best left inside the head. To say RvW gained us 4 points as a direct result of him being on the pitch, is a bit rich, because; 1) Whose to say a player playing instead of him wouldn''t have sored the goal (his only goal) 2) Perhaps his shot on target v Southampton should have gone in and shouldn''t of needing following up by someone else and ano could have done the same 3) Harassing of Spurs players, again, whose to say his replacement would not of done that 4) Had another player being taking his place there is a fair chance they would have scored more goals and earned us more points So I do not think it is small beer, in fact I''m not even sure I would class it as half a shandy. I''ve got it, he''s gone teetotal?[/quote]You may be right, but we''re talking about facts here.  Stats are "facts" in the starkest terms - but they rarely give you the full picture.  My facts about his goal against Everton and the winning the ball against Tottenham which led to the goal - are irrefutable in every way.   Your points are mere conjecture in comparison. [/quote]  

[/quote]Did you bother to follow through the discussion - mind, I said DISCUSSION - I had with Ray?   You will see that we finished it amicably and sensibly.   You have looked at one post, jumped in and thrown in your gratuitous insult.  Read things through and make sure you get the full picture or you will end up looking like an idiot......oh.....

[/quote]

Add arrogant to obnoxious LDC, as for idiot you can add that to your ever growing list of qualities too.

[/quote]

Whatever, Jimbo. When you grow up, you might understand how to follow a discussion properly and learn to make some useful contributions - instead of just throwing out insults, but until then......   There, you can add patronising to your list too. [Y]

Its their opinion - good for them;   why do we like their views on this while deriding their predictions and commentary etc?

all players have poor seasons,  and this looks like being rickys    Michu had a stormer last season and in the same creative team has not scored in the league since Sept,  has just two goals all season and made the same appearances;  I think we would all agree michu is a much better player,   but his performances this season,  as injury blighted as rickys has been,  have been poor too.  Both hooper and ricky have shown limited moments to convince me we should pereserve with both

Hooper had a hot spell but has been mainly poor ,   he has not even clearly outperformed rvw since the start of the year,  neither are in form or have confidence and there really is miniscule amounts to chose between them right now.     Rickys performance on sat was exactly the same as hoopers woeful effort at soton;   where hooper failed to get our best strikers chance in months even on target.    The common factor in both is clearly lack of service draining their confidence.    Keep both and they will both imporve next season & a new manager will get more from each of them.

There are plenty of poor strikers to chose from (Becchio, helenius, altidore, sagbo,graham, cornelius)

At the end of the day Hughton has paid out a lot of money for two strikers who don''t appear to be equipped to play upfront on their own and also don''t appear to be able to play together.

Whether they could succeed under a different manager or a different system/style is yet to be seen but for now they aren''t the right players for us.

And I think when you''re spending that kind of money as Norwich City manager you''ve got to do a bit better.

The way I see it is that Hooper always looks like he can make something happen even if he doesnt score, ditto Elmander. RVW however isn''t scoring, isnt getting assits and isn''t really impacting games.

Southampton was woeful goalkeeping and not an Assist, does anyone really think that if RVW was one on one with the kepper he''d actually hit the net?

[quote user="GJP"]

At the end of the day Hughton has paid out a lot of money for two strikers who don''t appear to be equipped to play upfront on their own and also don''t appear to be able to play together.

Whether they could succeed under a different manager or a different system/style is yet to be seen but for now they aren''t the right players for us.

And I think when you''re spending that kind of money as Norwich City manager you''ve got to do a bit better.

[/quote]I''d say that amongst the many crimes that Hughton has committed on our club over the last couple of years, the one that GJP highlights above is the most damning. He claims to be a srewd operator in the transfer market, but he has done one of the following two things.a, decided on a tactical strategy and proceeded to buy two strikers who do not fit into it.b,  Bought two quality strikers, and then proceeded to play a tactic strategy that does not get the best out of them.I''m afraid  it HAS to be one of those two scenarios, and either of them reflect very badly on his competence to manage a Premier League football club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The way I see it is that Hooper always looks like he can make something happen even if he doesnt score, ditto Elmander. RVW however isn''t scoring, isnt getting assits and isn''t really impacting games.

Southampton was woeful goalkeeping and not an Assist, does anyone really think that if RVW was one on one with the kepper he''d actually hit the net?

[/quote]

Does Hooper "always" look like he can make something happen? I would say there have been quite a few games this season where he''s been totally anonymous.

But I don''t totally blame that totally or even mostly on him.

Since Hughton arrived at the club every striker has struggled.

And actually, despite not being his best, it shows you how well Holt still did last season. He was still more of a threat than any of RVW/Hooper/Elmander have been this season.

[quote user="GJP"]

But I don''t totally blame that totally or even mostly on him.

[/quote]

*I don''t blame that totally