Sign in to follow this  
Nigels Nuts

holts on

Yeah and Johan Elmander is setting the world on fire and would definitely have been good enough to keep Bolton up if they kept him instead of Kevin Davies (sigh).

actually, why don''t we get carlton cole, he''s had a few games for england? is kieron dyer still playing, our midfield could start to look shaky at some point

It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.

[quote user="morty"]It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.[/quote]
This has been done to death. He left because he wanted to be closer to his family, right? I think most of us just wish him well, and hope he does a good job. Personally I was just backing him as he is a legend, and I didn''t think warranted the stick it appeared you were giving him tbh.

[quote user="morty"]It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.[/quote]

I think it''s frustration. We won, which is brilliant, however it keeps Hughton in a job which is a downer. I think the realists can see that despite today''s win nothing has changed.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.[/quote]
This has been done to death. He left because he wanted to be closer to his family, right? I think most of us just wish him well, and hope he does a good job. Personally I was just backing him as he is a legend, and I didn''t think warranted the stick it appeared you were giving him tbh.
[/quote]Where was I giving him stick?Find the posts?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.[/quote]

I think it''s frustration. We won, which is brilliant, however it keeps Hughton in a job which is a downer. I think the realists can see that despite today''s win nothing has changed.[/quote]You miserable fucker, why don''t you just end it all now?

what do you mean ''nothing has changed.'' Why do you think there is a problem at NCFC?, why does anyone think there is a big problem and wanting to sack a manager who is doing fine?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else.[/quote]

I think it''s frustration. We won, which is brilliant, however it keeps Hughton in a job which is a downer. I think the realists can see that despite today''s win nothing has changed.[/quote]You miserable fucker, why don''t you just end it all now?

[/quote]

Sorry I don''t understand what you are suggesting?

Oh I''m sorry Mrs Miggins, I thought that we were talking about Kevin Davies in 2010 when he was Grant Holt''s age.

Not an almost retired 36 year old Kevin Davies. My bad (you pillock).

As for "actuallywhy don''t we get carlton cole, he''s had a few games for england?"

His 4 goals in 5 starts and 7 sub appearances gives him 400% more goals than Van Wolfswinkel, a better goalscoring rate than Gary Hooper, 4 goals more than Elmander (infinite times more).

So perhaps getting Carlton Cole on a freebie in the summer wouldn''t have been such a terrible idea (you pillock).

i believe he''s alluding to the fact that you have nothing positive to say except when hoolahan plays, you say ''at least hoolahan played'' and you will be happier in the afterlife. I however, don''t believe in an afterlife.....so you''d be happier being eaten by worms rather than negativity.

Nothing has changed? Except we have 3 more points, 1 more clean sheet, moved further away from the bottom 3, pulled Hull in and moved closer to the top half of the table.

Also, it''s pretty clear the players are still playing for the manager after that gutsy performance. Pretty significant win. Roll on Tuesday.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Oh I''m sorry Mrs Miggins, I thought that we were talking about Kevin Davies in 2010 when he was Grant Holt''s age.

Not an almost retired 36 year old Kevin Davies. My bad (you pillock).

As for "actuallywhy don''t we get carlton cole, he''s had a few games for england?"

His 4 goals in 5 starts and 7 sub appearances gives him 400% more goals than Van Wolfswinkel, a better goalscoring rate than Gary Hooper, 4 goals more than Elmander (infinite times more).

So perhaps getting Carlton Cole on a freebie in the summer wouldn''t have been such a terrible idea (you pillock).[/quote]

And that is exactly what i wanted to hear, you would rather have carlton cole, the west ham reject than our 2 best strikers. Thank you le juge

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what do you mean ''nothing has changed.'' Why do you think there is a problem at NCFC?, why does anyone think there is a big problem and wanting to sack a manager who is doing fine?[/quote]

Where have you been all season? We''ve been hammered on numerous occasions and turned in some pathetic predictable displays. Our last four wins have been West Brom, West Ham, Palace and Hull. And we struggled in each of them games. When we have lost however it''s always by a comfortable margin. The point is we''re running out of games against the teams mentioned above. What''s likely to happen is that we stay out of the bottom 3 all season untill our run in. We''ll them drop in right at the end and it''ll be too late. Hughton is not capable of getting his sides to upset the odds and gain points away at places were not supposed to.

[quote user="I.S."]Nothing has changed? Except we have 3 more points, 1 more clean sheet, moved further away from the bottom 3, pulled Hull in and moved closer to the top half of the table.

Also, it''s pretty clear the players are still playing for the manager after that gutsy performance. Pretty significant win. Roll on Tuesday.[/quote]Ex-frigging-zactly!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i believe he''s alluding to the fact that you have nothing positive to say except when hoolahan plays, you say ''at least hoolahan played'' and you will be happier in the afterlife. I however, don''t believe in an afterlife.....so you''d be happier being eaten by worms rather than negativity.[/quote]

The only thing being buried is your head in the sand.

the times we have rolled over is only (i say only, i know its not good enough) against the big teams. The times we have lost against folk around us is not by a big margin. (so where have you been all season lincoln).

And when we have beaten teams, of course we haven''t done it convincingly, who do you think we are? all games are hard. We showed our commitment which got us the 3 points today, a game where we should have scored a few more, but we didn''t. We are not going to roll over many teams, if any in a season, that''s how it is for teams like us realistically

I don''t get it Lincoln. You''re acting like we''re rock bottom, but we''re nearer the top 10 than the bottom 3. I''m sure they''ll be some rhetoric about how close the table is and it means less this season (blah blah), but that''s the state of play.

Do you not want to see improvement? Would you not admit that today was a big improvement on recent performances? If we sustain this against Newcastle and Cardiff would that make you happy?

"you would rather have carlton cole, the west ham reject"

He is a Sam Allardyce reject. A bit like Elmander. And who did Allardyce used to manage? Kevin Davies.

"than our 2 best strikers"

I never said that. We''d have to agree on who our two best strikers are first. We only have one who is scoring goals, who gets 2nd place?

How about Carlton Cole or Johan Elmander?

Carlton Cole or Luciano Becchio?

I''d have Cole over either of them.

[quote user="I.S."]I don''t get it Lincoln. You''re acting like we''re rock bottom, but we''re nearer the top 10 than the bottom 3. I''m sure they''ll be some rhetoric about how close the table is and it means less this season (blah blah), but that''s the state of play.

Do you not want to see improvement? Would you not admit that today was a big improvement on recent performances? If we sustain this against Newcastle and Cardiff would that make you happy?[/quote]

Yes I''d be happy. But we''ve not managed to sustain any kind of form all season.

[quote user="Le Juge"]How about Carlton Cole or Johan Elmander?

Carlton Cole or Luciano Becchio?

I''d have Cole over either of them.[/quote]

glorious.....Right, lets take it up a notch.

What do you think about Grant Holt over Hooper? I don''t mean literally of course, he''d kill the poor bugger

Can''t disagree Lincoln, but I feel the major difference is that key players are now fit/returning from injury which gives us many more options.

Perhaps it was the pre-match pint, but I think this could be a bit of a turning point for the season.