Sign in to follow this  
Nigels Nuts

holts on

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Your attitude towards Hughton compared to your attitude towards Grant Holt just about sums you up, Morty.

Norwich City were great for Holty and in return he was a club legend in the truest manner, so let''s slag him off while we defend our charisma bypass manager shall we?

Certain clubs and managers suit certain players. Holt will do a job for Lambert which will include galvanising the players. Note, today, go to a ground where clueless Chris led us waving the white flag and take the game to them. Liverpool had to think about defending as well as attacking. That''s Holt and Lambert; and it used to be us.[/quote]

Well you know I won''t have a word said against the fella. And I can wish him well at Villa without any misgivings except to say it would hurt if he scored against us. But perhaps this post sums you up buddy. Because you weren''t so supportive of him last season in a yellow shirt. On yer bike Rudloph...

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Your attitude towards Hughton compared to your attitude towards Grant Holt just about sums you up, Morty.

Norwich City were great for Holty and in return he was a club legend in the truest manner, so let''s slag him off while we defend our charisma bypass manager shall we?

Certain clubs and managers suit certain players. Holt will do a job for Lambert which will include galvanising the players. Note, today, go to a ground where clueless Chris led us waving the white flag and take the game to them. Liverpool had to think about defending as well as attacking. That''s Holt and Lambert; and it used to be us.[/quote]

Well you know I won''t have a word said against the fella. And I can wish him well at Villa without any misgivings except to say it would hurt if he scored against us. But perhaps this post sums you up buddy. Because you weren''t so supportive of him last season in a yellow shirt. On yer bike Rudloph...

[;)]

[/quote]Some people are just desperate to talk about anything else rather than talk about how their football team won today...

[quote user="Le Juge"]You can never give a straight answer to a simple question, you should be a politician.[/quote]I am just massively uninterested in most of what you have to say[Y]

I do love the "Clueless Chris" insult - so clueless we''re cut adrift at the bottom of the table right? People are just morons at times.

It''s strange how some are some blinded by their bitterness and ego they can''t even enjoy a long overdue and hard earned three points.

"You can never give a straight answer to a simple question, you should be a politician." Yeah he should.... if he had a brain bigger than a knat''s testicle

You do realise your name reads Nigel''s Nut Is, right? I''m sure that''s deliberate given your obviously high level of intellect?

"What do you think about Grant Holt over Hooper? I don''t mean literally of course, he''d kill the poor **"

I think as players they would have complimented each other wonderfully in a front two (and if rumours are to be believed Lennon was interested in making that happen for Celtic).

As somebody who wanted Lennon in the summer, it could have happened for us. Watching Holt today, all I could think is how effective he would have been alongside Hooper for us this season.

I don''t think any of our other strikers have been particularly successful in forming an effective partnership with Hooper, do you?

[quote user="I.S."]You do realise your name reads Nigel''s Nut Is, right? I''m sure that''s deliberate given your obviously high level of intellect?[/quote]Grammar clearly isn''t his strong point.

JUST INCASE ANYONE EVER WANTED TO SEE JUST HOW BIG A B3LL3ND MORTY WAS """

It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.

Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else""

What an utter bell

[quote user="Le Juge"]"What do you think about Grant Holt over Hooper? I don''t mean literally of course, he''d kill the poor **"

I think as players they would have complimented each other wonderfully in a front two (and if rumours are to be believed Lennon was interested in making that happen for Celtic).

As somebody who wanted Lennon in the summer, it could have happened for us. Watching Holt today, all I could think is how effective he would have been alongside Hooper for us this season.

I don''t think any of our other strikers have been particularly successful in forming an effective partnership with Hooper, do you?[/quote]

And you want Lennon as manager.........goodnight

[quote user="I wank dogs"]JUST INCASE ANYONE EVER WANTED TO SEE JUST HOW BIG A B3LL3ND MORTY WAS """

It says a lot about people, who, on a day when "their" team has gained a much needed 3 points, all they want to do is try and find more sticks to beat "their" manager with.

Speaking about a player who is no longer ours, and trying to make the point our manager was wrong to sell him, and wrong to bring in someone else""

What an utter bell[/quote]Bless.[:)]

[quote user="Le Juge"]"What do you think about Grant Holt over Hooper? I don''t mean literally of course, he''d kill the poor **"

I don''t think any of our other strikers have been particularly successful in forming an effective partnership with Hooper, do you?[/quote]The board were hardly going to sack a manager after finishing 11th in the Premier League.  As for Holt, he wanted to leave, in fact he wanted to leave in July and the previous Summer.I am sure Holt and Hooper would make an excellent striker partnership, but that is all moot because Holt wanted to leave.

The previous summer he wanted a three year contract. Would seem strange to want one of those (and sign it) if he wanted to leave, don''t you think?

Don''t be fooled by all this wanting to move back up North stuff, he wanted out because he wasn''t happy with Hughtons style of play, and the first thing he did after signing for Wigan was tell everybody how frustrated he was playing in that system. Was unfortunate for him that he had signed for Wigan at a time when their new manager wanted to play in the exact same conservative 4-5-1 system with a lone striker.

Birmingham is 167 miles away from Carlisle, hardly close.

For all the money we have made over the years, not many players have left us and bettered themselves.

I hip the big man does well. Could still have done a backup job min. Plus he''s a big character to lose.

People often talk about worthys mistake in selling Roberts and Mackay. Maybe more could''ve been done to resolve holts situation.

And last time I looked, villa were above us.

Lambert is doing a good job considering what he inherited.

[quote user="Le Juge"]The previous summer he wanted a three year contract. Would seem strange to want one of those (and sign it) if he wanted to leave, don''t you think?

Don''t be fooled by all this wanting to move back up North stuff, he wanted out because he wasn''t happy with Hughtons style of play, and the first thing he did after signing for Wigan was tell everybody how frustrated he was playing in that system. Was unfortunate for him that he had signed for Wigan at a time when their new manager wanted to play in the exact same conservative 4-5-1 system with a lone striker.

Birmingham is 167 miles away from Carlisle, hardly close.[/quote]Yes, why would he want a new contract, and the inevitable payrise it would bring?

reading this thread lol like married couples [:D]Holt did OK for his cameo with his ex managerJonas did better for his ex manager though [:P]

When Holt was with us I criticised him for throwing in a spurious transfer request when PL left and for his subsequent appalling lack of condition. I think that''s fair enough.

But he has gone and looking back over his time with us his achievements dwarf his failures and he deserves legend status.

It has always been a sorry feature of Norwich fans to slag off ex-players. Small minded one might say. So that gives a great message to current players doesn''t it?

The same should apply to lambert but while I''ll always recognise his outstanding achievements his goal celebrations here have lost him personal respect.

[quote user="Le Juge"]probably had more touches in that half an hour than RVW .

.[/quote]

while he was not as out of shape as given to believe (looked fitter than most of his time with us last season tbh) his 20 touches in 44 mins is identical to RvW 39 in 80 today. Perceptions reveal so many prejudices.

It seems that so many fans of our fans are not moving on we need a group therapy session to deal with our losses

Ricky played well today - and is showing game by game improvements - that is all that matters.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Le Juge"]The previous summer he wanted a three year contract. Would seem strange to want one of those (and sign it) if he wanted to leave, don''t you think?

Birmingham is 167 miles away from Carlisle, hardly close.[/quote]Yes, why would he want a new contract, and the inevitable payrise it would bring?[/quote]

Correct me if I''m wrong but wasn''t the problem that we only offered a two year and he wanted a three? So yes, looks like he did want a new contract and "something" changed in the mean time. He was getting the payrise one way or another.

My guess is it''s as Holt came out and said - he wasn''t happy with the defensive tactics. Maybe something to do with Calderwood and whatever happened at Forest in there as well.

Holt is and always will be a hero

I have no issue with Holt.I do have issue though with people on here using Lambert signing Holt on loan as yet another stick to beat Chris Hughton with, and trying to hold it up as an example of how much better Lambert is than Hughton, when Holt has hardly kicked a ball for him.Only time will tell if this has been a good move by Lambert.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]When Holt was with us I criticised him for throwing in a spurious transfer request when PL left and for his subsequent appalling lack of condition. I think that''s fair enough.

But he has gone and looking back over his time with us his achievements dwarf his failures and he deserves legend status.

It has always been a sorry feature of Norwich fans to slag off ex-players. Small minded one might say. So that gives a great message to current players doesn''t it?

The same should apply to lambert but while I''ll always recognise his outstanding achievements his goal celebrations here have lost him personal respect.[/quote]

So did you think Holty looked in better condition today Rudolph?

Holt has been a hero to me and I will always support him. He was our captain, our leader, and a driving force behind where the club is now. He will always be a hero to me

Can I also just say, goading someone to commit suicide? New low. Not cool guys

[quote user="skippdogg"]wow 6 pages about holt coming on, get a life people[/quote]

I was interested to see how Holt got on too. It will be fascinating to see if Lambert gets   as good stuff out of Holt as he did when they were both at Norwich.   It is something of that eternal us not knowing what might have happened if  Lambert had stayed on at Norwich, that gives it the interest.I''ve moved on and we''re in a different place now, but that doesn''t stop the wondering as to what may have happened - and the rest of this season at Villa might give us that clue.   I would go as far as to say I hope Holt does well and scores a few goals - not against us of course and as long as it doesn''t affect our season.