Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Expectations for the weekend?

Hoping for a battling draw today.  The pessimist in me says to expect a defeat.Newcastle''s recent form is good, with wins against Spurs and Chelsea.  So no illusions of what we''re encountering today.But if we''re serious about staying in this league, these are the types of games where we need to grind out a point, at least. No-one said it would be easy.

If we lose, it looks like I''ll be the only one here who is disappointed. All these hang dog, we''re no good but they are, a point would be a blessing comments makes yu look like you''re going to a funeral. Can we sing "On the Ball, City" in a minor key so it sounds like a funereal dirge?

Did nobody see the lsst 35 vs. Wham Bam? The monkey is off our backs. Gary Hooper has found our mojo. Let''s ride the wave, not assume it''s already run its course.

I think it will be 50 / 50 whether its a draw or a loss...

It will depend on if its the first half, or the second half team v hammers which turns up.

Or course I will live in hope of an upset, which unfortunately based on recent form,  a win would be seen as...even against Newcastle.

Hmm... I admire your optimism, Houston, but your comment would be fair enough if we were playing the same West Ham side at Carrow Rd again. But we are not. Newcastle at SJP are a much tougher proposition altogether.

But, if we DO turn up today, there is no earthly reason why we could not get a draw . A Norwich win would require a Toon off-day, I''m afraid.

Expectations like a win at Toon are ridiculous. Such expectations must surely spoil the experience of supporting your team. Reggie''s right. If we have a good day and Newcastle don''t we could get a result there. And that applies to all our games. If all our opponents play to the top of their game against us we will probably be relegated. Thankfully they won''t. But if you could forecast from what fixtures we''d win our points you could be very rich people.

Blimey ,Nige. What''s been going on during my enforced 2 week absence working in foeighn climes. First, you actually say "Reggie''s right" for once, and second you appear, on the face of it to have suddenly become good deal less bullish about our prospects !

I fairness, I haven''t read many postings on here in the past few hours that are expecting a City win today.

BUT, perhaps I am being over pessimistic. I''m on form re predictions.Last Saturday, I was with my brother who is a Preston North End fan . And I was the only one in the group who saw a North End win at Leyton Orient coming .....

Is that sarcasm, or are you really counting on us losing?

If it''s not sarcasm, you''re not the fan I thought you were. when we''re on a high, the last thing the team needs is a loser mentality.

This thread reminds me of the John Cleese comments about the English from "A Fish Called Wanda".

Houston and Reggie..

I maintain my positive outlook. I still believe we will finish the season with 45/50 points. I believe we can win any game but don''t believe we will win every game. We can probably win another 2/3 away games. Today could be one but most likely won''t be.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Houston and Reggie..

I maintain my positive outlook. I still believe we will finish the season with 45/50 points. I believe we can win any game but don''t believe we will win every game. We can probably win another 2/3 away games. Today could be one but most likely won''t be.

[/quote]Agreed. You must have been typing that at the same time as the first one went in....