Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

Up and coming transfer window

I''d like to see us go for Micah Richards on loan to add competition across the back line. The defence would be most vulnerable to a succession of injuries as we only have 7 defenders.

I think in most positions we have a great squad, hopefully we will start to utilise them better in the coming months.

Most Important player we didn''t sign in the summer was an attacking all action passing shooting tackling Midfielder. meaning once again we do not have the personnel to play Hughtons preferred system.

Think Yaya Toure , Mata , Gerrard you know the type.

Cant put my finger on why our defence is not as good as last season especially when Olsson has been one of our best players so far, with Whittaker and Garrido still able to do a good job when called upon I guess an upgrade in the middle (or more options) is probably the way to go.

I think we are well enough covered in Midfiield with a wealth of players that can play wide when called upon as well as Fer Howson Tettey Johnson and Whittaker who can play central.

So the right AM and CB and I will be over the moon.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 09/12/2013 9:13 AM:

iron_stan wrote:
serge gnabry (or Zaha) & kyle naughton on loansign will hughes for 7 or 8 million

Why would Man U loan out Zaha to a mid table rival? :-P

Why?

1. To give the player experience of the Premiership

2. Because of that experience and exposure increase the value of the player

3. The ''home'' club can then assess the player in the Premiership without actually having to play him themselves.

4. Have part of his wages paid whilst they are getting the other advantages.

5. Because they would be on a no-lose situation. If the player is ''too good'' for the club he is loaned to his value would increase so much that there would be no way that the club he is loaned to would be able to afford him (Kyle Naughton) and they would take him back and if he''s not good enough they have had cheap training, cheap coaching and a cheap assessment of the player (numerous under Roeder).

6. If he is really that good he could become an integral part of that team and his removal (for no compensation as opposed to a transfer) would be greatly missed the next season (Lukako) and a disadvantage to a rival.

As you might imagine ........ I don''t like loan deals!

I for one am not gonna get my hopes up. We have had a few dissapointing january windows... I hope we can get a good midfielder or CB on loan. I agree with the fact that there will be some top international players who are on the bench now and want to perform to get in their national squads.

We need a defensive midfield like Tetty who can tackle, defend, intercept and run with the ball, but who has a greater range of passing. We need more than someone who can just win the ball and play it short. Unfortunately those sort of players don''t come cheap.

Disagree JonnyH

I think we have enough cover in this area ideally Fer/Howson Tettey in particularly tough games with Jonno as cover , I would also like to see Whitts given a chance in this position.

New DM and CB are definitely needed - Hughton wants to play with 3 CMs but there are only 4 players in that position in the squad and one of them is Tettey who obviously has injury problems.

I don''t think it needs to be someone who can pass/tackle/run with the ball etc as those players are few and far between (basically Norwich would need to sign Yaya Toure) - but a player who is happy to sit behind the midfield and screen Bassong/Turner, Tettey was doing this job excellently until his injury so another player like him (without the injuries) would be great.

We didn''t get a Leeds player in the last transfer window so we should go for at least 2 Leeds players this window.As it happens their two best players are both young defenders, and defenders who can play a variety of positions, which would be excellent - Sam Byram and Tom Lees.It may sound like I am just having a joke with this post, but I do genuinely think these are 2 players Chris Hughton ought to go for.

this january will be a bit different for transfers, or at least loans, lots of fringe players at big clubs wanting to get game time to try and make the world cupcitys league position at the end of december might actually be importantnot very attractive if youre in a relegation battle

Jack Cork had a good season at Southampton last year but has only had 5 appearances this season since Wanyama arrived. He''s still quite young and had over 30 appearances in the EPL. No idea if Southampton would be willing to sell him but he''s a player I''ve always rated and is probably a younger better version of Bradley Johnson, even though Johnson has played well these last couple of games.

Green and Yellow fellow wrote the following post at 09/12/2013 3:03 PM:

Jack Cork had a good season at Southampton last year but has only had 5 appearances this season since Wanyama arrived. He''s still quite young and had over 30 appearances in the EPL. No idea if Southampton would be willing to sell him but he''s a player I''ve always rated and is probably a younger better version of Bradley Johnson, even though Johnson has played well these last couple of games.

In fairness to Johnson he has turned things round, someone posted that he is now making shorter passes, less chance of it going astray! That''s fine by me, we have others that can make a killer pass, Howson, Fer,! The important thing for us at the moment is to just hang on to the ball and give ourselves time to build, if that means little triangles that''s fine.

If we could get a player like jack rodwell on loan who can play as a holding player and maybe get someone like Kaboul in to strengthen the back 4 I think we would have a really strong squad. I think we are too weak in midfield going forward looking at the amount of chances we create apart from the Cardiff game. And we all know we are conceding too many meaning a strong experienced center back would really help us out

For me, CB is the position that we most need to strengthen so if we were going to make and signings in January that''d be top priority. I''ve heard Kaboul''s name banded around a lot but unfortunately I think his wages would be too high for us :/ Aside from that, I think a creative AM would be useful but no names really spring to mind.

During the next two transfer windows I would like us to sign (in no order of priority):

A target striker to replace Elmander

An attacking midfield player to compete with  Fer, Howson and Hoolahan.

A quality defensive central midfield player to compete with Tettey and Johnson for the position.

A first choice centre back

A first choice right back

-----------------------------------

Then a left winger to replace Pilkington if he doesnt sign a new contract by the summer of 2014.

A striker to replace Becchio.