Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Players clearly upset by booing.......

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The gut"]Ffs

Read it again.

The essence of what is being said.

I''ve expressed my thoughts as best I can, picking up on individual words rather than a sentence in which they appear is just typical of what people face on this board.

I will try in my uneducated state to be clearer ( you don''t have to have a degree in English to understand football do you???).

I think:-

Hughton is generally defensive first.

Today we did attack.

I felt we could have attacked more, and be more threatening if Hughton had sacrificed a defensive midfielder for an attacker.

I think Hughton should definitely have made that decision today. I don''t think I have seen more clearly obvious decision.

In my very most humble opinion, I felt he could''ve and should''ve changed his tactic from defence first, to attack first during the game (long before the 86th minute).

Today I find this monotonous because he always does (and i accept that) and today he still continued with it when he didn''t need to (I find that hard to accept).

Now get off your high forum horses and allow people to have an opinion, without smartarse snipes. Just posting your own opinions is sufficient. I read them without sniping.

I have played and watched enough football to have thoughts of my own.[/quote]The tactics will always be arguable when you can second guess the manager but that''s a hell of a long row back from "monotonous and safety first play".[/quote]

You have lost me now Ricardo. I don''t know what you are trying to say, especially second guessing.

I must admit I have read a lot of your stuff before and believe you have a very good handle on what''s happening at the carra, but can''t understand how you are seeing things so very different to me on this.

I would say that from day one Hughton has put safety first, I kind if took it that we all felt that way. I seriously don''t know any Norwich fan that doesn''t think the same.

The fact he has put safety first for so long and very rarely changes it I believe that is monotonous. I''ve just checked my dictionary to make sure I''ve used the right word to express my thoughts, I was doubting myself. The dictionary only confirms what I feel, it says "lacking in variety - tedious through sameness - without variation"

I think that describes perfectly Hughton''s tactics since his arrival. I will accept that we can have different views on wether we find it tedious or not but would struggle to accept that we have any regular carra goers who could object that his tactics lacked variety.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The gut"]Ffs

Read it again.

The essence of what is being said.

I''ve expressed my thoughts as best I can, picking up on individual words rather than a sentence in which they appear is just typical of what people face on this board.

I will try in my uneducated state to be clearer ( you don''t have to have a degree in English to understand football do you???).

I think:-

Hughton is generally defensive first.

Today we did attack.

I felt we could have attacked more, and be more threatening if Hughton had sacrificed a defensive midfielder for an attacker.

I think Hughton should definitely have made that decision today. I don''t think I have seen more clearly obvious decision.

In my very most humble opinion, I felt he could''ve and should''ve changed his tactic from defence first, to attack first during the game (long before the 86th minute).

Today I find this monotonous because he always does (and i accept that) and today he still continued with it when he didn''t need to (I find that hard to accept).

Now get off your high forum horses and allow people to have an opinion, without smartarse snipes. Just posting your own opinions is sufficient. I read them without sniping.

I have played and watched enough football to have thoughts of my own.[/quote]The tactics will always be arguable when you can second guess the manager but that''s a hell of a long row back from "monotonous and safety first play".[/quote]

You have lost me now Ricardo. I don''t know what you are trying to say, especially second guessing.

I must admit I have read a lot of your stuff before and believe you have a very good handle on what''s happening at the carra, but can''t understand how you are seeing things so very different to me on this.

I would say that from day one Hughton has put safety first, I kind if took it that we all felt that way. I seriously don''t know any Norwich fan that doesn''t think the same.

The fact he has put safety first for so long and very rarely changes it I believe that is monotonous. I''ve just checked my dictionary to make sure I''ve used the right word to express my thoughts, I was doubting myself. The dictionary only confirms what I feel, it says "lacking in variety - tedious through sameness - without variation"

I think that describes perfectly Hughton''s tactics since his arrival. I will accept that we can have different views on wether we find it tedious or not but would struggle to accept that we have any regular carra goers who could object that his tactics lacked variety.[/quote]

I wouldn''t dispute that CH has a less adventurous approach than say Lambert. IMO something that is needed in a league where most teams will inevitably be superior to us. My argument with your analysis is that if you find a game where we have 61% possession and 31 shots monotonous and safety first then you are unlikely ever to find satisfaction at CR while we are in this league. Generally I think the only thing missing yesterday was a goal but it''s well known that I''m. Easily pleased having sat through more years of dross than I care to remember. Never the less I still remain of the opinion that we don''t. Yet look like a relegation side.

''I still remain of the opinion that we don''t yet look like a relegation side''

We will soon be 1/3 into the season and are sitting in the bottom 3, we have recorded 6 wins this calendar year and it doesn''t matter what players or how we play we can"t score goals. We have failed to take points of most of our relegation rivals and this season are falling short against the top sides. We look nailed on to be down there.

Forgot to mention our run in is so hard that we need to be safe with 6 to go, so that needs a decent return of points per game between now and then, that doesnt look likely.

[quote user="JF"]''I still remain of the opinion that we don''t yet look like a relegation side''

We will soon be 1/3 into the season and are sitting in the bottom 3, we have recorded 6 wins this calendar year and it doesn''t matter what players or how we play we can"t score goals. We have failed to take points of most of our relegation rivals and this season are falling short against the top sides. We look nailed on to be down there.[/quote]

I agree with Rickyyyyy in that we certainly do yet not look like a relegation team. I agree that our league position does look like a relegation one. I think you''re both talking about different things. Do you seriously think we played like a relegation side yesterday?

Played like, no. But we need points on the board and again 2 have been thrown away, we cant keep letting these games go by because we dont look like getting the results we got against the top teams this season like we did last. Our failure to beat the teams that will be around us is worrying, our inability to score goals is more concerning.as i said we need to be safe with 6 to go so every passing match like this is more points thrown away. If i was pressed now on where we will finish i would have to say bottom 3 because i dont see us being safe before those last games.

If we carry on dropping points like this we will be relegated. That goes without saying and I''m sure Rickyyyyy agrees with you. But like him I didn''t think we played like a relegation side. The players gave everything and were clearly upset with being booed. I felt for them.

Fair enough, i highly doubt that anyone who booed were aiming that at the players, though i would guess they dont know that.

Ricardo, forget lambert.

My opinion is based on many years of football, involving many managers. My issue is with Hughton''s tactics, which I bought into (although not my preferred choice), and yesterday was the final straw for me. I''m not going to go over it again, I''ve been as clear as I can be about changing from defence first philosophy to an attack first during yesterday''s game.

I''m not calling yesterday''s game monotonous, I''m calling his tactics monotonous and they should have changed yesterday and they did not until the 86th minute.

I would like to add, after being bombarded with all the attacking stats from yesterday that in the second half it did not feel like I was at an exciting game. For all those stats it certainly wasn''t one of the best games I''ve seen at Carrow rd, far from it. If you listened to stats alone that would have to be one of the stand out performances over the last ten years, certainly didn''t feel one that to me.

I''m not arguing about relegation, I am saying I''ve had enough of his tactics, I think he is getting the balance wrong, and yesterday was the example I have seen that he just will not adjust. If he wasn''t going to adjust in our easiest game where we have 61% possession then I have given up hope that he will ever review his tactics. I find that his OTT safety first policy too monotonous for my liking.

I''m not a fan known for moaning, not for getting on bandwagons, or pant wetting, glory hunting, plastic or any other of the ridiculous snipes.

Just a bog standard (that''s for nutso) fan, with his own view that he doesn''t want to watch Hughton''s tactics any longer. I will not stop going because I love being a Norwich fan, I love football, I never stop dreaming about little glories we could have. I don''t set the bar to high, I''m a realist. But I do want an improved balance of excitement. Hughton has never really done it to me, but I''ve been patient. I have lost patience.

Love that post The Gut[Y]

I see things slightly differently but my views also come from deep within. This Hughton in/out stuff may well divide some fans but it certainly won''t divide us[Y]

Fair enough everyone has a breaking point and if things don''t soon change the axe is bound to fall. I still hope that CH will be successful in the end.

The only division I''m interested in Nutty is the division in which my beloved team are playing, even if it was non league. I want to be in the highest division possible so long as they are playing with pride, passion, and guts which I think the players have largely been doing.

Deep down I want Hughton to be successful, but I think he is lacking gutsy decisions. We will never know but I think if he had been gutsy yesterday instead of sticking with safety then we would have been more likely to get 3 points. I certainly wouldn''t have criticised him if he had given it everything.

I do believe The Guts has spoken a lot of sense and much of the criticism is unjustified. Whilst we were certainly boring and monotonous last season the style of play is currently much better. I agree that The Gut was wrong on this observation.

Clearly the lack of goals is causing much frustration but if the quality of our football is maintained we should be OK. We are a far better side than the likes Palace, Sunderland, Fulham and Cardiff.

The booing, which does not help the players, was the fans way of trying to make a point to Hughton that he must think on his feet during a game. Yesterday after 60 mins we witnessed the usual ritual of long discussions with the coaches and then nothing was done. If for example Redmond was brought on at half time that would have immediatedly put Malky on the back foot and if it was still goalless after an hour we could easily afforded two up front. We can talk about all sorts of tactics but Cardiff were pretty poor (or we made them look that way) and there for the taking.

Earlier in the thread someone stated that the fans could never match the skills of premiership managers. I do not agree with this, you only have to look at the massive turnover of managers in the game. Many are not borne managers they are just former well known players. Any seasoned supporter can tell that Howson is an attacking midfielder but it has taken ages for Hughton to see this. Hopefully he will also eventually realise that Ryan Bennett is a young quality centre back and should be given his chance.