Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Olsson

Great win for us today. Thought that Olsson played pretty well today apart from a slight error at the start of the second half. I believe he was only playing cause of injury to Garrido. Do you think he''s done enough to keep his place in the team? I think he should definitely be starting next week regardless of Garrido being fit or not.

Olsson should be the long-term first choice for left back, in my opinion. A bit harsh on Javi who did a sterling job for the majority of last season, but Olsson has that pace and attacking ability to really hurt teams down that side of the pitch. Defensively he isn''t perfect, but Garrido isn''t either. From what I''ve seen, Olsson is slightly better in the air as well.

I have nothing much against Garrido, but imo Olsson should be our first choice l-b and I hope he keeps playing well and that it is his place long term; at least it is hopefully now down to Javier to work hard to claim it back, which is no bad thing at all.

My man of the match today, marginally ahead of a lot of great individual performances all round (''cept poor old Wolfy - yet I retain faith in his predatory instincts).He''s nailed on for a run in the first team on that showing.