Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

To clear up the "Hughton out" reasoning!

I''ve been going to away games regularly since the Championship promotion season.

The way Hughton has us set up when we play away games is negative, dour and downright boring.

I remember away games under Lambo used to be fun. I used to go to away grounds thinking we could win- and we sometimes did!  It didnt matter who were playing at least if we lost at least we''d be entertained!

We now go into away games hoping to take draws. It''s just not good enough.

The Lambert years on the road were great fun. He tried to win football matches. Didn''t always work but by and large ''we gave it a go''. Did 17 last season - having watched all this football still not quite sure what our strategic approach is but it''s certainly not ''we''ll give it a right good go''.

[quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]"it''s one game.

it went wrong, we move on and look for improvement.

we finished 11th last season.

go and support villa if you miss lambert so much."

THIS[/quote]

Not this at all.

It just never stops with Hughton. I never ever get the feeling anymore that we could tonk someone, just feels like we play for a 0-0, and we not very good at that, let alone winning a match. Very depressing stuff, millions and millions spent, net result, same crap since the very first game Hughton started. God i hope Mcnally grows a pair and boots this idiot out, and as to Gus Poyet, i would take him in a heart beat over Hughton.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"][quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]"it''s one game. it went wrong, we move on and look for improvement. we finished 11th last season. go and support villa if you miss lambert so much." THIS[/quote] Not this at all. It just never stops with Hughton. I never ever get the feeling anymore that we could tonk someone, just feels like we play for a 0-0, and we not very good at that, let alone winning a match. Very depressing stuff, millions and millions spent, net result, same crap since the very first game Hughton started. God i hope Mcnally grows a pair and boots this idiot out, and as to Gus Poyet, i would take him in a heart beat over Hughton.[/quote]

Have to agree with the Poyet point....

Very few of these Hughton outers after the Everton game. Everyone seemed generally pleased. This one game has sent people into meltdown its beyond ridiculous. Poor game, poor performance, and not necessarily the right tactics but people wanting Hughton gone when he didn''t have a number of his key players at his disposal, it''s unbelievable. I expect a much better performance against Southampton, with Bassong and Snodders starting and Fer playing in his natural position we will get a result and then the Hughton outers will have to bring out more excuses i.e. the players created there own tactics during the pre-match huddle

Yeah, It''s a brilliant idea - let''s back the manager with £25m + with more to possibly come, and then sack him after one reverse - which came with a huge slice of crap reffing as per usual.

You have to give things a chance to bed down - I mean, we still haven''t been able to put our first choice XI out yet.

[quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]Very few of these Hughton outers after the Everton game. Everyone seemed generally pleased. This one game has sent people into meltdown its beyond ridiculous. Poor game, poor performance, and not necessarily the right tactics but people wanting Hughton gone when he didn''t have a number of his key players at his disposal, it''s unbelievable. I expect a much better performance against Southampton, with Bassong and Snodders starting and Fer playing in his natural position we will get a result and then the Hughton outers will have to bring out more excuses i.e. the players created there own tactics during the pre-match huddle[/quote]

Obviously no Hughton outers as it was our first game at home of the season, and looked like we may lose it if not for a miskicked shot at goal and a good poached header by RVW. It was a point gained and earn, although pot luck as we only had 2, YES THATS 2....... shots on target THE WHOLE GAME! But that lack of effort could be a one off... until today when we were actually dire. Today was 1-3 points lost by ourselves, not because the opposition were great.

Deep down I want to think we can beat Southampton, but I feel that if next week ends in defeat, the ones who back Hughton will equally make excuses about how Saints have made great signings and have progressed beyond us ala Swansea. They''re a whole season behind in terms of where they should be to us, but they actually put a guy in charge who wants to promote a footballing side.

What kind of guy do we have in charge? Hope-for-a-point Hughton, thats who!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Yeah, It''s a brilliant idea - let''s back the manager with £25m + with more to possibly come, and then sack him after one reverse - which came with a huge slice of crap reffing as per usual.

You have to give things a chance to bed down - I mean, we still haven''t been able to put our first choice XI out yet.[/quote]

Bryan Gunn spent our rebate money on Holt and other players at the worst financial point in recent memory and was fired after an awful display. How did that turn out? Oh yeah, pretty good.

Bad management is like a cancer, you need to catch it early on before it affects the players mental state and confidence.

We are missing only 3 key players, one of whom in Pilks only turns up sometimes. Hooper is an unknown, so what do you think will be different about having those players back? Everyone looks the same when we are negatively defensive. What do you think will honestly change?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Vanwink"]I can''t put it in a nutshell Ricardo, but I do genuinely believe that the players tactically had a much greater influence in the last 2 games than they had done previously.[/quote]

So basically you are saying that when we win its because they ignore the managers instructions.

So why don''t they ignore his instructions every game and keep picking up the win bonus?

[/quote]

Yep.. that''s exactly what he''s saying Rickyyyyyy[:D]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Yeah, It''s a brilliant idea - let''s back the manager with £25m + with more to possibly come, and then sack him after one reverse - which came with a huge slice of crap reffing as per usual. You have to give things a chance to bed down - I mean, we still haven''t been able to put our first choice XI out yet.[/quote]

Agreed. This is definitely knee-jerk. Sure it was disappointing but most of the snap judgements being made are grudges carried over from last season. Surely the new players have to be given a chance? One of them only signed during the week.

Seattle, you are being a bit foolish: we lost, extremely unluckily today, 1-0, away to a PL side. That is rather a long way from being stuffed 7-1 at home and being totally clueless in the process.

Fact is, we are missing more players than you say, and have not been able to play our first XI: Snod wasn''t fit for the full 90, Olsson for me should be lb but isn''t yet fully fit, Bassong is the main miss (yet not mentioned by you): we rely on him rather too much for my liking and clearly need another cb.

All I''m saying is to give them a chance and leave the knee-jerk reaction to, well, jerks.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Seattle, you are being a bit foolish: we lost, extremely unluckily today, 1-0, away to a PL side. That is rather a long way from being stuffed 7-1 at home and being totally clueless in the process.

Fact is, we are missing more players than you say, and have not been able to play our first XI: Snod wasn''t fit for the full 90, Olsson for me should be lb but isn''t yet fully fit, Bassong is the main miss (yet not mentioned by you): we rely on him rather too much for my liking and clearly need another cb.

All I''m saying is to give them a chance and leave the knee-jerk reaction to, well, jerks.[/quote]

I fully understand where you are coming from. But my point wasn''t by how much we lost, or by whom we lost to. The opposition is almost irrelevant. We literally couldn''t have beaten a team made up of 11 monkeys today, we lacked the self motivation and necessary skill to get the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

Therefore my argument lies with the approach, and not the personal wearing the shirt, because as many have said they are all great on paper, and we each respectively stars at the clubs we took them from, if they were flops we would not have bought them.

Therefore when the basics are lacking and organisation is all over the shop, how much say do you think they have? Do you really think Howson wants to play right midfield? He may not mind as far as I know, but it doesn''t mean he is effective there, same as a few others were ineffective. We used to be a great team full of attacking intent. This doesn''t just die over night.

Also as a side note. I mentioned 3 key players were missing, and assessed Pilks as only turning up half the time, Hooper is unknown as I said, does Bassong really need pointing out Branston? It''s obvious he is the 3rd and a more than consistent performer!