Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Revising our 5 yearr plan?!

Please forgive me if I''m wrong but didnt we have a 5 year plan that McNally put in place that would see us sustained in the premier league in that time? Now, after our incredible last few seasons and meeting our objectives under lambert and last year under Hughton do we think that there will be a new one in place.

For example in 1/2 years time we should be challenging for a European place? Just thinking that it might be good to have that goal so we don''t have a certain acceptance that all we need to do is just finish mid table every season? I think with the signings made and with more to come Europe would feature on any ''plan'' for the next few seasons! Thoughts?

I believe it was called a seven year plan and it was more for the public than ever it was a detailed route map to the PL. The seven years was merely a means of avoiding putting unrealistic expectations on the club.However it still signalled an intent. And a firm intent at that. The board were not there just to stop the slide or to make up the numbers, they were there to succeed. And succeed they have in the sense of getting us into the PL and battling towards the top half of the table. How much further we can climb that table will have to be seen, as there is this 15 or so point gap between the top 6 or so and the rest.With what is going on at the club I cannot see that being impossible. There are a few years to get there simly because we will have to rely upon the youth/coaching set up to start to bring players through the system, and it is only recently that we have had the money to hire top coaches to start to work towards this end. The FA youth cup team are probably 2 or  3 seasons away from 1st team football at the moment.So I doubt there is any 5 year plan. Merely a continuous striving to push the club forward and see where that takes us.

We are ahead of target with the bonus of unforeseen financial bonus in the increased TV revenue.

That and being externally debt free means we are in a reasonably good position all round.

So has the plan changed? Yup, but the targets haven''t.

As for next seasons target? I''d say solidly mid table, none of this leaving it to the last three games. Let''s be able to cross the finishing line a bit more respectably.

I think there is confusion here with what is a target and what is acceptable come the end of the seasonWe will be targeting to finish as high up the table as possible, otherwise were we to be 7th with three games to go it would require us to lose the last three games to hit our target

We are very close to achieving things:

1) entering our third year in the EPL with good prospects

2) beefing up the academy to category 1, with better and more faciliities

3) being talked about, especially on transfers this summer. 

4) - the key - we have a good CEO and a god manager - most of the above come from them.

What may be missing, assuming that we have a fourth ear in the EPL in 2014, is ground expansion. Arguably we need it at the moment, but two or three years down the line? I think that as a minimum they could infill in front of the rather ugly hotel, but even this would cost millions.