Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Moronic Tweet

I posted a link to a van Wolfswinkel interview a couple of weeks ago and joked that his trite remarks and truisms ("I''m here to score goals", etc.) were not exactly rocket science. Which drew a response from 3 or 4 posters of "What did I expect, footballers to be like Einstein?"

Yet now, another footballer makes an off-hand comment in an unguarded moment, and lots on here are lambasting his judgment.

What do those complaining want? Or is just a case of double standards?

Absolutely. Even at a decent amateur level pre-season used to fill me with dread.

Running until I was sick, up and down the hills around the edge of Sloughbottom to go around the trees, endless drills and shuttle runs, bleep tests....

I feel ill just thinking about it these days...[+o(]

Footballers get accused of being out of touch with the real world, missing your family seems pretty "real world" to me. Yes he''s a lucky boy to do this for a living, he''s a lucky boy that he earns good money but he is allowed to miss his family!!!

Come on guys the OP has to be on a wind up! I bet there are very few footballers on the globe who enjoy pre-season, anyone who has played any sport in their life would know this

Any chance R.Bennett was actually being sarcastic and can''t wait to get back for pre-season?

Words on a page have no emotion.

The most moronic tweet (now removed) was the generic Daily Mail reader who felt the need to write something along the lines of "oh yeah well what about our boys in Afghanistan...."Unless there''s been some kind of mass conspiracy regarding army life, I''m pretty sure people choose to join the army and understand it might involve being abroad for long periods of time, being shot at and being killed or injured.  Why shouldn''t a footballer miss his family?  Is money now the cure-all for everything?  Missing your family?  Here''s some money.  Still missing them?  Here''s some more money.  What, you still miss your family?  Agh, you must be Satan, don''t you know people in the Army are dying?

Empathy is not a personal strength of this particular footballer. Having previously been fined for Tweeting inappropriate material you''d hope he might learn, but apparently not. Thank goodness Ryan Bennett makes better choices on the field of play!

Y''all be careful up there on those high horses.

There seems to be a section of society these days that sit waiting, wanting something to be offended and angry about.

Some of you really need to get laid more.