Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

secret Carrow Road expansion happening right now....?

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]The TV gantry is to extend to the full length of the Jarrold and continue around the facade of the hotel thus providing a viewing area for those reading at the Inn.

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design![/quote]

^ Confused by this. ^

The gantry is at high level. Are those residing at the hotel supposed to climb out of their windows to get onto the gantry?

Or have I missed something?

[/quote]

Sorry Ketts, I didn''t fully explain, I believe there will be a glass cantilever balustrade system on stair runs leading out from the upper rooms giving direct access to the new gantry.

Thank you for the reminder Mr. Tilson. I simply hate a story with no ending and so, once again, I am prompted to repeat the unanswered question to LDC:

"Incidentally, Lakey, perhaps you could share what rationale you shared with McNally supporting your plan, pointing out to him that it would cost the football club almost nothing as it would be absorbed by the hotel owners. How did he react to that little bit of input because your previous communication of his answer, namely, that all available financial resources at the club needed to be directed to player personnel, did not address the very point that you made to the rest of us. I do think you should clarify that on behalf of all the posters you praised for their positive input. Don''t you?"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]The TV gantry is to extend to the full length of the Jarrold and continue around the facade of the hotel thus providing a viewing area for those reading at the Inn.

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design![/quote]

^ Confused by this. ^

The gantry is at high level. Are those residing at the hotel supposed to climb out of their windows to get onto the gantry?

Or have I missed something?

[/quote]

I gather the Holiday Inn will be providing crampons and pitons for the upward jouney, and ropes so the guests can simply abseil back down to their open windows at the end of the match.

[/quote]

This might help posters envisage what is planned:

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

This recent change to the plans has been attributed to a long standing and highly regarded Pinkun poster whose visionary thinking has influenced the latest design![/quote]^ Confused by this. ^ The gantry is at high level. Are those residing at the hotel supposed to climb out of their windows to get onto the gantry? Or have I missed something? [/quote]I gather the Holiday Inn will be providing crampons and pitons for the upward jouney, and ropes so the guests can simply abseil back down to their open windows at the end of the match.[/quote]This might help posters envisage what is planned:

[/quote]

No, you''re all mad.  This is  plan A:Simple!   [:^)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thank you for the reminder Mr. Tilson. I simply hate a story with no ending and so, once again, I am prompted to repeat the unanswered question to LDC:

"Incidentally, Lakey, perhaps you could share what rationale you shared with McNally supporting your plan, pointing out to him that it would cost the football club almost nothing as it would be absorbed by the hotel owners. How did he react to that little bit of input because your previous communication of his answer, namely, that all available financial resources at the club needed to be directed to player personnel, did not address the very point that you made to the rest of us. I do think you should clarify that on behalf of all the posters you praised for their positive input. Don''t you?"

[/quote]

Yankee it looks like he has been taking lessons in how to swerve giving an answer from Tangible. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Yankee it looks like he has been taking lessons in how to swerve giving an answer from Tangible. [;)]

[/quote]

Quite so Mr. Tilson, so I''m going to test his mettle a little further. As Lakey, having  inputted so many posts into his "hotel thread" that he stretched the length such that equal stretching would be required to convert a dwarf into a Harlem Globetrotter, he tells one and all he is going to submit the essence of all the information to the appropriate person. The only feedback  ( to say it is shallow is being generous ) he then provides to this forum ( and all the posters he praised ) is that Mr. McNally said that NCFC has to commit all available financial resources to player personnel. Absolutely no explanation at all by Lakey regarding the point he made to us all that his suggestion would have negligible impact on NCFC finances from a cost perspective, as the hotel owners/manage,ment corporation would absorb the cost. 

As Lakey won''t ( or can''t ) answer the question, I will offer some hypothetical possibilities:

• Lakey forgot to put the "important bit" in his submission to McNally
  • McNally referred Lakey and his suggestion to the hotel owners and Lakey is still trying to think of an intelligent way of wording it
  • McNally sent Lakey a NCFC letterhead with two dozen smileys attached stating only, "You must be joking!!!!"
  • Lakey is holding out on us all because he thinks he may ultimately get a reward for his suggestion.

Now, I''m sure there are more than a few posters who have little time for my irritating persistence on this matter and, equally, I''m sure there are a few posters who quite like LDC''s ramblings, however, anyone who is totally unbiased and fair in nature and followed the long-winded saga of the "hotel thread" would have to agree that Lakey failed to bring it to a conclusion that addressed the points that, after all, HE made.