Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Official Unofficial Sunderland match thread!

[quote user="Downloads"]

Aha, fair enuff!

Seen the Bunn one like 50 times and I still can''t be 100% sure. Its very, very close.

Its just the bias of the Bassong one vs the Rose one. Its not good enough refereeing. Bring in referrals like cricket if they can''t get this crap right.

[/quote]

Bunn did himself no favours with the positioning of his arms. In real-time and at first glance, you could easily say that his arm came in contact with the ball.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="QHcanary"]

The bunn decision was correct IMO, but I do see the room to debate. Every other big decision was wrong.[/quote]As Bunn didn''t go in with his hands (SFP?) and did not deny a clear goalscoring opportunity then even if he did touch it with his arm deliberately it is only a yellow card/direct free kick offence, the rules are quite clear.[/quote]

Of course it was goal scoring opportunity. Bunn was completely exposed. The ball hit his arm which he had raised. Whether that counts as handball is clearly a debatable issue, but if the referee sees it as such he has to give a red card. If he''d played the ball with his arms tucked in as you often see defenders do it would not have been handball, but he raised his arms and the ball struck one of them.

If that was a Sunderland player I''d want it given, so for me it was the correct decision.

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="QHcanary"]

The bunn decision was correct IMO, but I do see the room to debate. Every other big decision was wrong.[/quote]As Bunn didn''t go in with his hands (SFP?) and did not deny a clear goalscoring opportunity then even if he did touch it with his arm deliberately it is only a yellow card/direct free kick offence, the rules are quite clear.[/quote]

Of course it was goal scoring opportunity. Bunn was completely exposed. The ball hit his arm which he had raised. Whether that counts as handball is clearly a debatable issue, but if the referee sees it as such he has to give a red card. If he''d played the ball with his arms tucked in as you often see defenders do it would not have been handball, but he raised his arms and the ball struck one of them.

If that was a Sunderland player I''d want it given, so for me it was the correct decision.[/quote]

Why are you so anti Norwich?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="QHcanary"]

If that was a Sunderland player I''d want it given, so for me it was the correct decision.[/quote]

Why are you so anti Norwich?[/quote]

I''m not. I''m absolutely gutted about today. We were looking good and I think we''d have gone on to win the game.

What I''m definitely not is a green and yellow tinted glasses kind of fan. More of a realist.

Would you have wanted that given as a pen if a Sunderland defender had done that in their box?

The way i saw it we where much the better team in the beginning of the game with 11 men and deservedly took to lead. Turner was 100% at fault imo for the Bunn red card and i did agree with Foy and he deserved to be sent of. Still with 10 men we where matching Sunderland and restricting them to nothing really. We would have won this game comfortably 2-0 if it wasn''t for the next to big decisions that the linesmen (who was terrible btw) and the ref got wrong. Firstly the Bassong incident was never a pen as Fletcher was offside and the useless linesman should have flaged straight away. I don''t think it was handball anyway, why would he handle under no pressure when the ball was just drifting out for a harmless goal kick anyway. Secondly we should have had a stonewall pen for the Rose handball. How it was not given as a pen is just unforgivable really. If you look at it his left foot is inside the box and his right foot a few inches outside but his arm is pointing out a foot or so behind him when the ball strikes it so its a good half a foot inside the area. Even any neutral or Sunderland fan couldn''t dispute this. If those two decisions go correctly our way we get a comfortable 2-0 win imo. Sunderland where very very poor, i expected a lot more from them tbh. So basically a normal Norwich away game on Sky where officials screw us out of a result.

Too far away to have a clear view of the sending off or pen but at least not quite as far as Newcastle! Sunderland fans really friendly both before and after the game. Thought Turner was MoM - he was applauded by their fans as the teams were read out which is always nice to see. And we score a goal.