Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

The Irony

Now I''m confused. But I''m also very flattered. I''m bursting with pride here. You see Lakey I have never made any secret of the fact that I consider Yankee to be the most interesting and shrewd poster on here. So I''m delighted that someone could believe Yankee''s post was written by me. I suppose what I am feeling now is how Alan Black would have felt if he''d been mistaken for George Best in a match report.

But still confused nonetheless. Because you apologised to Yankee for the reply. Could it be that the reply wasn''t to the post at all? Could it be you were playing the man not the ball or should I say the poster and not the post? If so are we going to see a different reply for Yankee or was the apology to him a mistake and you actually meant it for me?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now I''m confused. But I''m also very flattered. I''m bursting with pride here. You see Lakey I have never made any secret of the fact that I consider Yankee to be the most interesting and shrewd poster on here. So I''m delighted that someone could believe Yankee''s post was written by me. I suppose what I am feeling now is how Alan Black would have felt if he''d been mistaken for George Best in a match report.

But still confused nonetheless. Because you apologised to Yankee for the reply. Could it be that the reply wasn''t to the post at all? Could it be you were playing the man not the ball or should I say the poster and not the post? If so are we going to see a different reply for Yankee or was the apology to him a mistake and you actually meant it for me?

[/quote]

You should know by now that with me what you see is what you get.  I''m an open book.   I posted and answered the questions as I always do and apologised to Yankee out of courtesy.   If you have any idea of the way I have been posting - and you always seem to have an opinion about the way I have posted in the past - you will know I have nearly always tried to post about the club and encouraging people to be positive about the club. I have never really cared about what people think of me on here because lets be honest, we can all look foolish on here -  my main concern has always been the club and its support.  Getting side tracked into petty arguments and trying to defend myself has just made things worse for me.   But, never fear, I''ve had my run on here,  it was good while it lasted.   I shall continue to follow NCFC as I have done since 1968, but I hope I shall be able to have the same affection for the club and that it hasn''t been marred by some of the people on here who quite frankly should know better.  I hope that any little noise I have made recently will at least have made a few people think about the way they post.  Probably not, but that''s not my problem.  People twist what I say, presumably for their own ends, but it does them no credit.   No matter, its never been about me, whatever you want to think - at worst I am a self-appointed speaker for the minority - the minority who get shouted down and rounded upon - and who then disappear because they find frankly, it isn''t worth the bother.  Arrogant? I may be, but am honest and open.   You can believe any of this or not, I don''t care.    The only thing I have cared about - and the reason I joined the board in the first place - is the club. I''m looking forward to the Everton match, but you can all take a huge sigh of relief, because I''m out of here.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You should know by now that with me what you see is what you get.  I''m an open book.   I posted and answered the questions as I always do and apologised to Yankee out of courtesy.   If you have any idea of the way I have been posting - and you always seem to have an opinion about the way I have posted in the past - you will know I have nearly always tried to post about the club and encouraging people to be positive about the club. I have never really cared about what people think of me on here because lets be honest, we can all look foolish on here -  my main concern has always been the club and its support.  Getting side tracked into petty arguments and trying to defend myself has just made things worse for me.   But, never fear, I''ve had my run on here,  it was good while it lasted.   I shall continue to follow NCFC as I have done since 1968, but I hope I shall be able to have the same affection for the club and that it hasn''t been marred by some of the people on here who quite frankly should know better.  I hope that any little noise I have made recently will at least have made a few people think about the way they post.  Probably not, but that''s not my problem.  People twist what I say, presumably for their own ends, but it does them no credit.   No matter, its never been about me, whatever you want to think - at worst I am a self-appointed speaker for the minority - the minority who get shouted down and rounded upon - and who then disappear because they find frankly, it isn''t worth the bother.  Arrogant? I may be, but am honest and open.   You can believe any of this or not, I don''t care.    The only thing I have cared about - and the reason I joined the board in the first place - is the club. I''m looking forward to the Everton match, but you can all take a huge sigh of relief, because I''m out of here.

[/quote]

Well done for managing to squirm out of that one. Our paths rarely crossed until you misrepresented and twitsted my words in a thread a few days ago. Although the thread was deleted there is a thread locked that will forever show what actually happened.

If you leave you are forgotten about in a couple of days. Just as I would if I left. That''s why when I cease posting on these boards I shall just walk away. But I guess in your case an attention seeking drama queen to the last...

Whereas Yankee, gratified that he seen the day arrive where Purple is confused, removes the straw from his mouth, the rattle from his waistband, and slinks off into the sunset.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]It is a really sad day when a city fan takes gratification in another''s departure from the site.
[/quote]

The choice was LDC''s to depart unlike some who have no say in the matter.Anyway who exactly has expressed gratification ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]It is a really sad day when a city fan takes gratification in another''s departure from the site.
[/quote]

The choice was LDC''s to depart unlike some who have no say in the matter.Anyway who exactly has expressed gratification ?

[/quote]

Oh come on Til, he was driven to that decision by posters on here..........whilst I hardly agreed with him I still read his posts.........don''t let them beat you down LDC.

I thought it was too good to last. over 30 posts before you posted anything except about other posters and sh1t stirring. And now you''ve reverted to type.

Could you please indicate the fan who has taken the gratification and the post you gleaned this information from.

What has this baord come to? If someone''s opinion is disliked, all of a sudden they are a s**t stirrer, have a victim complex or a pant wetting whiner. Hardly discussion is it?

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]What has this baord come to? If someone''s opinion is disliked, all of a sudden they are a s**t stirrer, have a victim complex or a pant wetting whiner. Hardly discussion is it?
[/quote]

Neither is it when you make unfounded accusations Louis. Can you be big enough to grasp that?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought it was too good to last. over 30 posts before you posted anything except about other posters and sh1t stirring. And now you''ve reverted to type.

Could you please indicate the fan who has taken the gratification and the post you gleaned this information from.

[/quote]

I didn''t say ANYONE took any gratification from LDC leaving Sir Nutty, but he was getting hounded at times, and you, may I be so bold to say, were one of the hounds at times imo.

Now, the old wiz was designed to handle s*it flung his way, but sadly, LDC wasn''t, thats all.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I didn''t say ANYONE took any gratification from LDC leaving Sir Nutty, but he was getting hounded at times, and you, may I be so bold to say, were one of the hounds at times imo.

Now, the old wiz was designed to handle s*it flung his way, but sadly, LDC wasn''t, thats all.

[/quote]

I didn''t say you did Wiz. It''s quite clear who my post was in reply to. But as you now want to claim I hounded LDC perhaps you''d be good enough to provide a link to the posts in which this hounding took place. Then report the posts. Then perhaps I''ll get banned. Alternatively these posts aren''t there meaning you have joined the sh1t stirrers and this thread will end up in Pete''s bin.

[quote user="Wiz"]I didn''t say ANYONE took any gratification from LDC leaving Sir Nutty

[/quote]

Nutty was asking The Champion of the Oppressed Posters Louis Cyphre not you Wiz.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say you did Wiz. It''s quite clear who my post was in reply to. But as you now want to claim I hounded LDC perhaps you''d be good enough to provide a link to the posts in which this hounding took place. Then report the posts. Then perhaps I''ll get banned. Alternatively these posts aren''t there meaning you have joined the sh1t stirrers and this thread will end up in Pete''s bin.

[/quote]

I don''t want you banned or reported Nutty, at times, you''re a damn good read, but check back through this thread, and with hand on your heart, tell me you weren''t a teeny bit heavy handed to LDC.

I''ll address this to YC as well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]I didn''t say ANYONE took any gratification from LDC leaving Sir Nutty

[/quote]

Nutty was asking The Champion of the Oppressed Posters Louis Cyphre not you Wiz.

[/quote]

Cheers Til, my bad....sorry Nutty.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t want you banned or reported Nutty, at times, you''re a damn good read, but check back through this thread, and with hand on your heart, tell me you weren''t a teeny bit heavy handed to LDC.

I''ll address this to YC as well.

[/quote]

No I don''t Wiz. Go and look at the locked thread and you''ll see the game LDC and Louis were playing the other night. Or just read back through this thread and LDC''s reply to Yankee (Me) which bore very little relevance to the post he was replying to.

You of all posters should understand that you can''t expect posters to treat you in a fairer way than you treat them. "Do as you would be done by" my mum always used to say.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Shame on you Nutty.

Shame on you Yankee.

[img]http://blog.easystand.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bully.jpg[/img]

Call me.

[/quote]

It''s my helpline that I entrusted to you Mister. Someone calling in to report me would be like ringing childline to accuse Esthe........

Nevermind.