Sign in to follow this  
dpit

An old fashioned victory

Saturday reminded me of a good old seventies rumbustious victory. The first goal a thundering header, the second the result of a drilled ball to the back post, two pillars of strength winning the ball between them and then it being muscled into the net. No fannying about. Highly effective in yer face football. One can see why Wes had one of his less effective games.

We have a few players that can mix it when needed, Bassong and Bradley spring to mind.Every team needs a "destroyer" and Bradley is doing an amazing job in the role.

There seemed to be a fair bit of bad blood throughout (and it wasn''t all Fellanis). I wondered if there were any grudges from the game there earlier in the season.

Saturday reminded me a lot of our year in the Championship, and even parts of League one where despite being second best at times we managed to grind out a result right at the end.

Just shows our fantastic team spirit is still there, and that our fitness levels are high!

[quote user="AJ"]Saturday reminded me a lot of our year in the Championship, and even parts of League one where despite being second best at times we managed to grind out a result right at the end. Just shows our fantastic team spirit is still there, and that our fitness levels are high![/quote]

[Y]