Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Meanwhile...........

Reading lost to Sunderland so it''s odds on QPR & Reading will get relegated.3 points against Wigan on Saturday & it would take a colllapse of mamouth proportions, or a miraculous improvement by several other clubs, proportions for us to be the 3 relegated club.So cheer up, the Cup was fun while it lasted, Lambert''s had his day in the sun and it''s back to the day job

After a few minutes of disappointment I whole-heatedly agree. Three points on Saturday should now be firmly in our sights and ultimately that''s more important. Gutted to lose in the manner we did but fair play to Villa, they got one over on us. We move onwards and upwards. OTBC

Was it 5 first-choice players not used today (not counting Ruddy''s injury)? No idea if Villa played a strong team...In the last couple of seasons we''ve had bad showings in the cup and come back strong in the league, and if there''s any time to remind the squad how much hard work it takes to keep an unbeaten run going in the league, it''s with an unimportant cup game.

Yeah I agree with this, we got to get our priorities right

We''ll still at a reasonably early stage of our continued premier league development and had we won tonight that would have meant another two matches where we probably would have ended up with nothing

Time to concentrate on what really matters and let villa and lambert continue to be distracted. We can cut our ties with lambert now it''s now a shut book on this chapter of NCFC, we move on as we always do.

I agree, three points on Saturday and all will be forgotten about this Cup game.

I would also like to suggest that the last 2 League Cup winners have both been relegated at years end. Therefore, with Villa sitting 17th and equal on points with 18th place Wigan could it be that curse could strike again.

Just saying......  

[quote user="Making Plans"]Reading lost to Sunderland so it''s odds on QPR & Reading will get relegated.3 points against Wigan on Saturday & it would take a colllapse of mamouth proportions, or a miraculous improvement by several other clubs, for us to be the 3rd relegated club.So cheer up, the Cup was fun while it lasted, Lambert''s had his day in the sun and it''s back to the day job [/quote]Apologies for the typo''s in the original - the above is how it should have read.Where''s that Edit Button

[quote user="percy varco"]Shut up you hypocrites.

Gutted at going out no matter who to. A cup run is good for the club and fans.[/quote]LOL whatever, sure its gutting we are out and to Villa....butCome end of the season I think we will get the last laugh...

When your on a run of form, you almost need to be put into your place so you pull it back together. Id rather it was tonight vs Villa in the cup and lose a bit of pride than lose 3 points at home in the Prem league !If you told me we would lose to the Swans and Wigan but win in the cup or win vs the Swans and lose the cup , id take the cup loss every day !