Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

In other news...

We are currently unbeaten in nine consecutive League games, the best ever run in City''s Premier League history, having beaten Arsenal, Manure and Swansea away. This was all achieved under the management of Chris Hughton a man that many posters apparently couldn''t wait to stick the knife into this morning.

He rested key players last night and tried something different. It didn''t work, but so what? If we win on Saturday (and please don''t trot out the "last night will have demoralised us" line - we couldn''t have been much lower than we were going into the Arsenal game) I will be more than happy with our week''s work.

[quote user="Orford65"]the idea that Lambo tactically outwitted Hoots is absolute ba//ocks - Villa took their chances, we did''nt. End of!
[/quote]

That''s my view too. With 15 left it could have gone either way.Had Given not saved Holt''s point blank header we may well have won.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Orford65"]the idea that Lambo tactically outwitted Hoots is absolute ba//ocks - Villa took their chances, we did''nt. End of!
[/quote]

That''s my view too. With 15 left it could have gone either way.Had Given not saved Holt''s point blank header we may well have won.

[/quote]

What he said!!!  [Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We are currently unbeaten in nine consecutive League games, the best ever run in City''s Premier League history, having beaten Arsenal, Manure and Swansea away. This was all achieved under the management of Chris Hughton a man that many posters apparently couldn''t wait to stick the knife into this morning.

He rested key players last night and tried something different. It didn''t work, but so what? If we win on Saturday (and please don''t trot out the "last night will have demoralised us" line - we couldn''t have been much lower than we were going into the Arsenal game) I will be more than happy with our week''s work.

[/quote]

Yet another naive post crediting Hughton for the unbeaten league run when the obvious reason is that it started when I bothered to turn up to watch a game for the first and so far only time this season, against Arsenal. The effect my presence in the crowd had on the players was there for all to see.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yet another naive post crediting Hughton for the unbeaten league run when the obvious reason is that it started when I bothered to turn up to watch a game for the first and so far only time this season, against Arsenal. The effect my presence in the crowd had on the players was there for all to see.

[/quote]

So that''s why they were installing a throne in the directors box.....

I''d assumed it was for Piers Morgan.[:O]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn''t a throne it was a commode[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn''t a throne it was a commode[:D]

[/quote]

More toilet humour! [;)]

Oh dear, and I have the gall (I stopped short of saying cheek) to accuse others of derailing threads...

I don''t (of course) disagree with the OP at all. I think there is extra frustration this time because of a final at Wembley appearing to be in  reach. But also because there now never seems to be a time (just as under Lambert) when we could forget about the league for a game or two. Just as it doesn''t look as if we can ever divert money from the playing side to - say - stadium expansion, so when can we ever give priority to a cup game over the league? Either because we are in a relegation fight, or just wanting extra money for a higher finish, or we are trying for that bloody ludicrous Europa League, or a Champions League spot.

Just remember how far Lambert got us in the League Cup last year? Actually, I can''t. Was it a loss against Donny?

[quote user="K Lo"]Just remember how far Lambert got us in the League Cup last year? Actually, I can''t. Was it a loss against Donny?
[/quote]

Thought it was MK Dons same score as last night