Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Must work more on Set Pieces

The Corners or Crosses from free kicks were terrible besides obviously the last one but it is something I think that could make us a lot more dangerous. We don''t have a very offensive minded team so we have to improve on the chances we have most of the free kicks sail high or the free kicks go into the wall. We have some big boys on the team lets put them to use. OTBC!!!!!!!!

or just make more use of garrido who appears far more consistent than snodgrass or pilkington when it comes to crosses?

Garrido is beginning to become more prominent and will surely take more free kicks - he has a terrific shot in him too from free kicks.   We know Pilks can be excellent too.   Snodgrass so far hasn''t been good enough from set pieces imo.  I suspect the only reason he didn''t take the free kick at the end of the match yesterday is because it was so far back and we needed everyone forwards.  It was interesting because Garrido had to cross the pitch to take the free kick - but that''s two matches in a row he has provided the quality for the goal.   A terrific player - and becoming more influential. 

ldc - I think you will find the only reason snoddy didnt take it was he had already been subbed...

but agree - garrido has the little extra quality and it shows in these deliveries

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]ldc - I think you will find the only reason snoddy didnt take it was he had already been subbed...

but agree - garrido has the little extra quality and it shows in these deliveries[/quote]

Oops, my bad.  It does beg the question though - if Snodgrass had been on the pitch would he have insisted on taking that free kick?   The decisons on these kind of things are quite important.  I guess its about the pecking order - or he who shouts loudest?   I get the feeling that Snodgrass is the type who wants to take every free kick going, but he has to be more consistent if he is to do that.  The Pilks free kick was good.   But Garrido is becoming more influential - which is good to see.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]ldc - I think you will find the only reason snoddy didnt take it was he had already been subbed...

but agree - garrido has the little extra quality and it shows in these deliveries[/quote]

Oops, my bad.  It does beg the question though - if Snodgrass had been on the pitch would he have insisted on taking that free kick?   The decisons on these kind of things are quite important.  I guess its about the pecking order - or he who shouts loudest?   I get the feeling that Snodgrass is the type who wants to take every free kick going, but he has to be more consistent if he is to do that.  The Pilks free kick was good.   But Garrido is becoming more influential - which is good to see.

[/quote]

Did you ever work for Tony Blair dear?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]or just make more use of garrido who appears far more consistent than snodgrass or pilkington when it comes to crosses?[/quote]

THIS

Set pieces represent our best chance to score goals and we''ve scored a few that way so far this season!

Garrido seems less likely to f*ck up a free kick than the others so he should take them, especially on the left!

"kingsway" Set pieces represent our best chance to score goals and we''ve scored a few that way so far this season!

exactly - so its important we dont waste any opportunities with some poor ones - highlights even more how few goals we have scored from open play bearing in mind we remain the leagues joint lowest scorers.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Even if Snoddy was still on the pitch, it was the right call for the left footed delivery from that side of the pitch.[/quote]

It was crabby - the same side Snoddy crossed for BJs winner against stoke.

However there have been too many poor free kicks and would like to see garrido a more active option that always allowing snoddy the first pick from the right flank