Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

Carrow Road Revenue - England U21

How much money did they make from the England U21 match there?As the club owns the ground, that would have been beneficial, wouldn''t it?

I was thinking about this, with my penchant for money matters related to our Club.

Although not too prestigious a game, it is nice to have Carrow Road recognised occasionally like this. I don''t see it as us staging a charity event though.

The costs of staging such a game, staffing, policing, stewarding etc. would be quite high, as ever, so I would assume that once this is deducted we share the gate receipts with the F.A. in some way. There might also be TV money as well because it was live on Sky. We would probably get all catering profits.

Was there a decent turnout? What were ticket prices?

Hopefully that little bit more into the Hoots''s transfer pot.

I think the FA rent grounds for the night/on the day.

They pay the club a pre-agreed fee-then all the money made from the game (tickets, TV etc) goes to the FA who also meet costs of stewarding etc. In effect its an FA "premises" for the duration.

I doubt there was much income from ticket sales as about 80% of the crowd were children. Probably a fair bit spent on food and drink though. I don''t think we will make much from it directly but it improves the image of the club and will improve relationships with sponsors such as aviva who got extra coverage on tv.

OTBC

Well, surely it''s better to be used than sit there doing nothing and any revenue above break-even is worth having.

Does anyone know the last time it was used for an international?    I seem to remember going to an England B international there once in the seventies - I think Boyer was in that team.              

More recently than that LDC.

In recent years i''ve seen an U21 game (not last night, couldn''t go to that one) and an U19s game.