Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

James Vaughan Scores!

They would win the league playing that way against Man.C, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle. The teams who like to attack, have plenty of pacey or tricky players. Like Barca and Bayern. They wouldn''t do as well playing like that against Stoke, or Wigan or other average teams. But if they played ultra defensive against the top attacking teams in the league, they''d win more points against them. (Although I have no idea how many points they actually got off the teams I mentioned last season anyway...)

I''m fairly sure were looking to win the league paul moy, what kind of fan are you? Avoid relegation, could you be more negative? LOL

I rate James Vaughan......never mind, he''s better off away from here.....and our remaining strikers have much more to offer than him......apparently?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Attacking football doesn''t mean that... Attacking football means more attacking.

Chelsea got into a CL final, and won the final playing ultra defensive football. They probably could have won the league playing like that against the top teams.

Also, we are still playing attacking football. But now we have a competent defence, some people appear to be confusing competent defence with defensive football...[/quote]
The problem is that under Lambert we were a purely offensive team. Attacking was literally our only way of playing (not that Lambert didn''t give ultra-defensive a go, playing a 5-3-2 at Chelsea anyone?). Under Hughton we''e become less gung-ho, our attacks aren''t as constant, but they still take place with regularly. The problem is that because we''re not all-out attack any more and actually give a s**t about things like discipline and defensive organisation we appear to be less offensive as we always consider the implications of our attacks, unlike under Lambert when we just didn''t. 
If are players were more clinical in front of goal and we were able to convert one or two of the four or so of the good chances we make a game, we''d all be praising Hughton as a genius, but because under Lambert our players didn''t need to be as clinical as so many chances were created a game there was always going to be a point where the players needed to adapt.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gareth"]Vaughan has scored 2 goals so far whilst on loan, one against Ipswich (he also missed a penalty) and one against Blackpool. Their defences aren''t even top-half of the championship quality, let alone Premier League quality. Don''t get ahead of yourself.[/quote]

Agreed, but their League positions are both top six if the result remains the same. Doesn''t that say something to you about attacking football?

[/quote]

It tells me that Blackpool still haven''t learnt how to defend, two years after that inability cost them their place in the Premier League.

[/quote]

OK, let me explain it then. Attacking football means a potentially higher League position than defensive football. 

[/quote]

Yeah, because no defensive team has ever won anything that more offensive teams didn''t, who are the current Champions League holders again?

[/quote]

So you think if Chelski played every Prem game in that style they used in Cup games they''d win the League ?  Personally, I think they''d be fortunate to be mid-table. 

[/quote]

Mourinho DID win the league playing football like that. His sides sat deep and played exceedingly defensively before springing masterful counter attacks. There have been plenty of teams in the history of football that have won leagues playing defensive football, just ask any Inter fan old enough to remember Grande Inter

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gareth"]Vaughan has scored 2 goals so far whilst on loan, one against Ipswich (he also missed a penalty) and one against Blackpool. Their defences aren''t even top-half of the championship quality, let alone Premier League quality. Don''t get ahead of yourself.[/quote]

Agreed, but their League positions are both top six if the result remains the same. Doesn''t that say something to you about attacking football?

[/quote]

It tells me that Blackpool still haven''t learnt how to defend, two years after that inability cost them their place in the Premier League.

[/quote]

OK, let me explain it then. Attacking football means a potentially higher League position than defensive football. 

[/quote]

Yeah, because no defensive team has ever won anything that more offensive teams didn''t, who are the current Champions League holders again?

[/quote]

So you think if Chelski played every Prem game in that style they used in Cup games they''d win the League ?  Personally, I think they''d be fortunate to be mid-table. 

[/quote]

Mourinho DID win the league playing football like that. His sides sat deep and played exceedingly defensively before springing masterful counter attacks. There have been plenty of teams in the history of football that have won leagues playing defensive football, just ask any Inter fan old enough to remember Grande Inter

[/quote]
Not sure what happened there...

Are you sure were not Inter?

I had a sneaky feeling we were, the whole Canaries, playing at Carrow Road and yellow shirt thing was just a ploy to keep people from knowing were really Inter Milan...

[quote user="paul moy"]Gareth.... I bet we won''t stay up that way though !!!! [:D][/quote]
We''re not playing ultra-defensive football so no we won''t. If we stay up it''ll be using a style of play completely unique to us [;)]

[quote user="paul moy"]... and 3 points in 15 shows it ain''t working....... and if it ain''t working we need to FIXIT !!!![/quote]
What about if we persist and then proceed to win the next three on the bounce? 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]But we are not Chelsea, Inter or 1-0 to the Arsenal......[/quote]

We could be relegated if you give Hughton time...

[/quote]

Just fixed your grammar for you, Gareth.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]But we are not Chelsea, Inter or 1-0 to the Arsenal......[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Great retort, real mature Yes [Y]

All we need to do is practise the finishing. We are playing well and creating more than enough GOOD chances, we should have had 3 wins and a draw. Why would Vaughan have changed that? He''d have just as likely got injured against QPR as he would have scored.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]But we are not Chelsea, Inter or 1-0 to the Arsenal......[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies Gareth, but I simply could not resist.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]But we are not Chelsea, Inter or 1-0 to the Arsenal......[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies Gareth, but I simply could not resist.

[/quote]
I''ll admit I did chuckle a bit [:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]All we need to do is practise the finishing. We are playing well and creating more than enough GOOD chances, we should have had 3 wins and a draw. Why would Vaughan have changed that? He''d have just as likely got injured against QPR as he would have scored.[/quote]

Indeed, that''s why we kept the prolific Chrissie. I knew there was a reason.  

Where was the LOL? Your post doesn''t count unless you finish it with LOL...

(Also, to make it easier for me, could you imagine an insult to you at the end of each of my posts?)