Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Thanks for all your picks guys, this thread has really changed since I first started picking - there is such a varied choice of games to choose from which as a picker is great news.  I tried to pick games which I thought would give us the best chance of winning without risking too much, I know in the past I won and actually bagged a nice little win for the academy but this time I''m going to play it safe.I have two rules when it comes to accumulators, I never pick Scottish games even if they look like bankers because I''ve been burnt too many times by them, and I avoid Italian games like the plague.  Aside from that I was all ears.  So here are my picks:Real Madrid to beat Deportivo La CorunaHoffenheim II to beat Alzenau (also my pick)Stevenage to beat BuryAaB to beat SilkeborgAlmeria to beat HerculesJK Nomme Kalju to beat Paide LinnameeskondI know the odds for most of these games are probably pretty poor, but a win is a win (if it actually comes off...)Thanks for all your great picks, and now I''ll sit back and hope they all come in.Good luck to everyone![/quote]

Thank you, these are brilliant Star! You''ve come up with a terrific final six from some terrific suggestions. You are spot on about the varied choice of games now. I would love Ray to have seen the threads as they are now. He was the first one to recognise the advantage we could have by widening the area we pick from. I remember the season he went on a winning run lasting months picking games predominantly from Holland and Turkey. He''d love this.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is a fantastic £86. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Stevenage @ 8/13JK Nomme Kalju @ 1/14Hoffenheim II @ 2/9AaB @ 13/10Real Madrid @ 1/8Almeria @ 4/76 Folds, 1 bet * £10.0028/09/2012 21:40:0710.000.00

JK Nomme Kalju and Stevenage get us underway at 3pm tomorrow. Then on Sunday Aab and Hoffenhem ll kick off at 1pm followed by Real Madrid at 6:45 and finally Almeria at 7:30.

If it''s an omen Gingerpele, Almeria were once in one of Fellas'' winning six! [:D]

Good luck everyone[:)]

[/quote]Brilliant, looking forward to it!

That''s the way it goes. Both games played today were draws. Also two other heavily picked games, Hull and Gillingham went down. I doubt there were too many accys without Stevenage, Hull or Gillingham on them! Some weeks we''re not destined to win. Unlucky Star, great strategy and you deserved better buddy.

My premiership accy didn''t have them in NN, did all games bar the late kick off yesterday and Newcastle let me down, I was hoping after hearing reading 2-2 Newcastle that one or both of Stoke or Snderland would have lost, but no, they both won as well. I wasn''t even expecting to get close, as I thought we''d beat Liverpool and for some reason I''d had them down to win...

Don''t know about you other guys, but I always feel extra gutted when my selection is chosen by the picker and doesn''t come off.

Unlucky NCFCStar, feel for you, but hey onwards and upwards.

MC

Not a good weekend for us I''m afraid. But we know there''s going to be weekends like this. Poor Star never stood a chance. 49 of us picked with just 23(47%) correct. Between us we offered Star 24 different selections of which 12 (50%) won. This obviously had an effect on the top of our league table where now there are just 7 left with perfect 100% records. Here''s that table showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

Fonejacker77100%
Jed Exodus77100%
Mr. Bump77100%
Newyorkcanary77100%
Norfolkbroadslim77100%
Statto77100%
Swindon77100%
Hughesy66100%
gregt44100%
Beauseant6786%
Bore Bore Bor6786%
Herman6786%
Mister Chops6786%
NCFCStar6786%
Newcastle Uni Canary6786%
Scooby6786%
Til 10106786%
Vindo6786%
Yankee Canary6786%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 5683%
Inch High4580%
Meth Canary4580%
Sports Desk Pete4580%
Dogger3475%
Trent Canary3475%
Boyo5771%
City-Til-I-Die5771%
Cosmic Twin5771%
Excited Canary5771%
Ginger Pele5771%
GMF5771%
Graham Humphrey5771%
Hissing Sid5771%
Kathy5771%
Lappinitup5771%
Leedscanary5771%
Norfolkchance15771%
PurpleCanary 5771%
Cityangel4667%
Gareth4667%
Snake-eyes4667%
The Great Drinkell4667%
Jellytot3560%
Brendo4757%
Diesel Doris4757%
Mandie Moo4757%
nutty nigel4757%
NWC4757%
Twidio2450%

We just need to take this on the chin and move on to next weekend when Hissing Sid is in charge. I can think of no one better to lift us and put a smile back on our faces.