Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

How can you NOT blame the manager?

We did not lose players over the summer other than intentionally. The ONLY difference therefore is the manager.

So far the manager has failed to produce. The players have lost confidence and the tactics have not played to our strength.

How can this be denied?

It can not be denied but it can be twisted to suit your own needs depending on your opinion on Hughton and whether you want him in charge or not.

You could equally say the players are still trying to get used to a different manager with a different way of thinking and we''ve come up against some tough opposition in the last few matches.

How can THAT be denied?

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]We did not lose players over the summer other than intentionally. The ONLY difference therefore is the manager.

So far the manager has failed to produce. The players have lost confidence and the tactics have not played to our strength.

How can this be denied?[/quote]

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, then success is sure

(Mark Twain 1835-1910)

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]It can not be denied but it can be twisted to suit your own needs depending on your opinion on Hughton and whether you want him in charge or not.

You could equally say the players are still trying to get used to a different manager with a different way of thinking and we''ve come up against some tough opposition in the last few matches.

How can THAT be denied?[/quote]But it is the managers job to organise the team, motivate and make sure the players know what to do in the system.Hughton is clearly not successfully doing any of the things that are his responsibility.If people believe the players are to blame and not the manager then it seems to me they do not believe the manager is responsible for anything more than taking the register at training and picking 11 names on a saturday morrning. If that were the case surely they also believe that Mourinho is a waste of money and Lambert got lucky for the last 3 years?

Maybe blame the players!!! Maybe the players are just not good enough!!!! I don''t think the manager is the only 1 to blame.

You can''t just blame one factor here. The manager can do nothing about individual mistakes. No matter how hard or how well you coach/manage. It isn''t his fault we have missed some glaring opportunities to win games against Spurs, QPR and West Ham. It isn''t his fault that a referee can''t see that Bobby Zamora has encroached about 10 miles into the penalty area to score the rebound for QPR''s goal.

I am not saying Hughton is blameless. Far, far from it. His signings look suspect and I am not convinced that many have improved us. I also think at times players are playing in areas which don''t suit them which he is obviously responsible for. But I don''t think the players can just hide behind the manager. They should be taking responsibility as well and they strike as being a very honest group of players who will do that.