Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

The Transfer Window. Is it a good or a bad thing.

I think the transfer window is a good idea but should shut before the season starts!!

It is an exceedingly stupi be scrapped assd idea that, apparently, game about through a misinterpretation of European law

It causes uneccessary distraction and concentrates transfer activity into a very short time span, which really only benefits the wealthier clubs

The previous system worked well and is needed as the blatant abuse of the loan system demonstrates

It should be scrapped as soon as possible

tosh

just as a club should have their first team sorted out and stick with it until Jan 1st

we have used the loan system to buy players as have every other club

get rid off this unwanted idiocy and return to what it was - something that worked and benefited all, not a rich few

[quote user="Ben"]I think the transfer window is a good idea but should shut before the season starts!![/quote]I think it should be closed before the season starts too.It''s a good idea and I for one am glad we have a transfer window deadline, plus it makes for an exciting day just before it closes =D

If it is such a good idea why is it bypassed as much as possible ? Could it be that clubs/managers see it as a massive handicap

as to the excitement try seeing what managers and clubs think of it

I want our manager concentrating on the next game not sidetracked by a worthless idiocy

It''s a good idea because it stops all the player merry go round, and it forces clubs to actually play the players they''ve bought. There''s more good reasons, than bad. If you want the manager to focus on the next game, than it''s even a better idea, his mind is on the game, not in the market.

Wrong

It forces nothing other than a few days freak show and a club to put his feet up knowing nothing can be done

Managers minds are on the market the whole time as loan/sales are available through the autumn and into March after Jan 31st

Concenrating transfer activity into a few days merely helps the wealthy clubs who have both the wealth and resources to cope with a few days of pressure - it weighs very heavily against the rest

The crucial test is if it were such a good idea why is it so routinely bypassed with no sanctions against clubs. How many players have we bought as loans outside of the window

To remain vibrant and competitive football needs flexibility and the provide the ability oforclubs to manage and develop through the season - not a system that is weighted so heavily in favour of the wealthy few

It''s wrong as you claimed it stops the merry go round, it doesn''t. Players will be moving as loans (transfers) throughout the autumn

It is wrong as you claimed that it allows the managers to concentrate, it doesn''t (see above)

Yes you can say it is a good idea, yes I can say it is a bad idea, that is opinion - it''s when you try to back that opinion with evidence that it then becomes tested

As of yet there has been no explanation as to why if it is a good idea is it routinely ignored. Mess around with ineligible players and heavy sanctions follow. Bypass the window and nothing happens, because it is an impratical and unwanted restraint on the freedom of clubs to manage.

How many players do you see moving about on loan? the window does stop most of the merry go round. I could be WRONG on this one, but isn''t there a rule that you can only get a loan  player on emeenceny after the window closes?It gives players a chance to play for their new clubs, where as it didn''t before because they could just be sold off again or new players to replace them.It makes it more interesting with the Transfer window and makes more sense. IMO.

The transfer window is pointless below Premier League level as the loan window does allow teams to get players whenever they want. As we did in League 1 when Lambert took over and we made quite a few loan signings which became later permanent.

However, it works in the Premier League as it allows players to concentrate on football matters. Plus Premier League rules state as the poster says above that clubs can only sign players on emergency loan. Which, for example, if all your keepers get injured and in need for one which is what happened with Man City a few years ago. Like I said above, keep the transfer window, just close it before the season starts, avoids situations such as Dembele playing against us twice!

The ''merry go round'' is the natutal order of things. Stopping it and concentrating any activity into a frantic day or so distorts things and only benefits the big clubs with the resources to deal with it.

After a week the loan window opens and players can be loaned out, as will Norwich be doing. We signed Martin, MacNamee and others as supposed loans. If this system worked or had any use it would be welcomed and strictly observed, it isn''t.

If a City player falls out with the manager the club he can simply sit on his backside until January with nothing we can do. The previous system worked and worked well, it was only a quirk and interference from Eufa that lumbered us with this massive handicap.

Players transfer fees and wages are also distorted and as with the sale of (I believe) Leon Mackenzie leave clubs like us up sh it creek. It would be a strong argument for removing it if it were only as a means to bring in a bit more of a level playing field, but there are so many other things wrong with this absurdity that it should go, and allow clubs to be progress through their abilities not be chained to this farce.