Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Starting XI versus West Ham

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"...Leeds guys plus Pilks or Bennet..." - why not just say "our midfield"? It''s a little bit more respectful don''t you think?[/quote]

Its not disrespectful. They did play for the champions of europe...

No change for me,  but would like to see the manager prepared to change it earlier if we are not winning;   we do have options going forward and we should utilise them.

eg for the seond half dembele was a growing influence and we could/should have reacted to that a little earlier.

As has been mentioned a win is needed - not to get 4 of 6 points from these first two home games would be too many points dropped!

I see Simeon being held as a sub; extensive travel and almost 180 minutes within the last 7 days.Would like to see Kane get a good run out but I predict Moro, which is fine.

[quote user="Indy_Bones

This, had Dembele not scored for Spurs when he did Tettey would''ve definitely come on to solidify the midfield.quote]
And Hughton told you this did he?  I didn''t realise that you were so close.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Morisons Prozac"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]I also think

we''re likely to see Tettey come on at some point, probably for Johnson

tbh.[/quote]This, had Dembele not scored for Spurs when he did Tettey would''ve definitely come on to solidify the midfield.[/quote]
And Hughton told you this did he?  I didn''t realise that you were so close.[/quote]Corrected for you Scooby, as it wasn''t me who claimed Tettey would have definitely come on, I just think he may well do against West Ham :D

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Morisons Prozac"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]I also think

we''re likely to see Tettey come on at some point, probably for Johnson

tbh.[/quote]This, had Dembele not scored for Spurs when he did Tettey would''ve definitely come on to solidify the midfield.[/quote]
And Hughton told you this did he?  I didn''t realise that you were so close.[/quote]Corrected for you Scooby, as it wasn''t me who claimed Tettey would have definitely come on, I just think he may well do against West Ham :D
[/quote]Why would he drop Johnson? He''s been our best player in the last two games!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why would he drop Johnson? He''s been our best player in the last two games![/quote]Try to keep up Lapps, I didn''t suggest that he''d drop Johnson, simply that I thought Tettey may well be brought on for him later on in the game as I can''t see Howson being taken off and unless we go for 1 upfront, that leaves Johnson if CH wants to bring fresh legs on in the centre of the park.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"]Why would he drop Johnson? He''s been our best player in the last two games![/quote]Try to keep up Lapps, I didn''t suggest that he''d drop Johnson, simply that I thought Tettey may well be brought on for him later on in the game as I can''t see Howson being taken off and unless we go for 1 upfront, that leaves Johnson if CH wants to bring fresh legs on in the centre of the park.[/quote]Let me get this right Indy, even if Johnson is our best player (again) and playing better than Howson, you would still take him off rather than Howson. Why?

If we ever get to the stage of the entire squad being fit it will be a nightmare trying to pick the 7 subs!!

For tomorrow I would probably go same sgain if Jackson isn''t too jet lagged - if he is then Morison in for me. West Ham''s weakness is at the back and those 2 (on form) are a handful for any defence...I accept that the on form bit might not be the case at the mo!

The interesting area could be the subs bench and how CH shapes this as he now has Kane to add in. If you keep the same 11 as Spurs, who drops from the bench to make way for him?

I would go same team and have on bench;

Bunn

Bennett

Tierney

Tettey

Hoolahan

Morison

Kane

No Turner or Surman and still with Whittaker and Elliott Bennett to come in.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Let me get this right Indy, even if Johnson is our best player (again) and playing better than Howson, you would still take him off rather than Howson. Why?[/quote]It depends what you define as ''best'' though Lapps - and in what situation.If we need to push to get something from the game then I think Howson is much more dynamic and likely to contribute in an attacking sense than Johnson is, and everything I''ve seen of Tettey (which is fairly limited tbh) suggests that he also would offer more of an attacking threat than Johnson.Therefore if we want to change things in the middle of the park, then the more defensive player of the two would need to come off in order to enable the attacking change - even if he''s arguably been the better of the two players overall (as he may have been better defensively but offered no attacking threat - which is fair enough as it''s not his job, but it doesn''t help us chase a game).

quote user Indy Bones
If we need to push to get something from the game then I think Howson is much more dynamic and likely to contribute in an attacking sense than Johnson is, and everything I''ve seen of Tettey (which is fairly limited tbh) suggests that he also would offer more of an attacking threat than Johnson.Therefore if we want to change things in the middle of the park, then the more defensive player of the two would need to come off in order to enable the attacking change - even if he''s arguably been the better of the two players overall (as he may have been better defensively but offered no attacking threat - which is fair enough as it''s not his job, but it doesn''t help us chase a game).  quote
Mmmmm, think I''m gonna have to disagree with you there Indy.  From watching our games so far this season it seems to me that it is Mr Johnson who has been more of a threat in attack and, of the two of them, appears to take the more forward position, leaving Mr Howson to hold back.  I could be wrong but I think Bradders has had more shots, albeit a little wayward as usual.  Personally I can''t wait for him to score as it''s bound to be from 25yards or more.