Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

An extra incentive to stay up!

Last night on Twitter a lot of Leeds fans were talking about how they would get promotion and pass us on the way as we are relegated. I decided to stick up for us and maybe join in some banter. I enjoy banter and dont mind getting a few pelters but some of them just went too far and became really abusive!

They are really convinced we are going down and they now think we have a league 1 midfield and our "purple latch" is over. I really hope we stay up and they dont go anywhere as some of the abuse was a little out of order.

I think you''ll find that if you get involved in banter with any football fans on Twitter you will provoke unacceptable abuse.

Look at the disgusting abuse some of our Olympians, Lineker''s son and Kirsty Allsop have received on Twitter.

It''s not specific to Leeds fans.

Leeds won''t go up, there are better and stronger teams in the Championship than them that will get promotion.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Last night on Twitter a lot of Leeds fans were talking about how they would get promotion and pass us on the way as we are relegated. I decided to stick up for us and maybe join in some banter. I enjoy banter and dont mind getting a few pelters but some of them just went too far and became really abusive!

They are really convinced we are going down and they now think we have a league 1 midfield and our "purple latch" is over. I really hope we stay up and they dont go anywhere as some of the abuse was a little out of order.[/quote]Some Leeds fans were rude to you on Twitter?  OMG, I hope Chris Hughton uses this in his team talk to really get the team fired up. [:|]

I really cant see Leeds going up unless they get on a good run and momentum carries them. I have to say anyone who goes on another fans forum after taking 3 of their best players on the relative cheap is setting themselves up for abuse righty or wrongly regardless of it being Leeds or not.

As for Twitter and the abuse atheletes get on there, thats totally wrong but it bemuses me why any sports person wants to have an account telling every Tom, Dick and Harry their life which only encourages stalker like behaviour.

I agree, shouldnt have got involved. Just saw NCFC getting pelters and only one person sticking up for the yellows so thought I would too, abuse went too far but I agree with you.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]Leeds won''t go up, there are better and stronger teams in the Championship than them that will get promotion.[/quote]True, but there were loads of better teams than us on paper. They have a class manager, so I wouldn''t be too surprised.Bloody hope not though! [:P]

[quote user="Brendo"][quote user="ImDrunky"]Leeds won''t go up, there are better and stronger teams in the Championship than them that will get promotion.[/quote]True, but there were loads of better teams than us on paper. They have a class manager, so I wouldn''t be too surprised.Bloody hope not though! [:P][/quote]True, I must admit I didn''t expect us to get promoted either. But from what I''ve seen from Leeds last season I still don''t think they''ll do well, especially now they are selling their best players.