Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Hughton Another Striker please

I still feel that we need another striker who has pace and can put them away with some consistency I feel that we do not have one of those in the squad at the moment. Holt is strong and can put them away but lacks pace. Any thoughts?

My first though it is ''why start yet another thread on this subject''..................ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That Coventry striker who scored yesterday looks pretty handy, perhaps we should give him a go?[/quote]

We should have given him a go but too late now. We have Chris Martin to look forward to...

If only a striker would solve our problems, it''s much much more than that, yesterday we couldn''t defend, but nothing new there, we didn''t win ball in midfield, we created no chances for whoever the striker or strikers were.

So all in all, look forward to a very long season, a season when you need to survive because of next seasons massive rewards, but once again we spend little or nothing in the summer, it''s long overdue to buy some quality in a number of areas.

[quote user="Aveit"]If only a striker would solve our problems, it''s much much more than that, yesterday we couldn''t defend, but nothing new there, we didn''t win ball in midfield, we created no chances for whoever the striker or strikers were. So all in all, look forward to a very long season, a season when you need to survive because of next seasons massive rewards, but once again we spend little or nothing in the summer, it''s long overdue to buy some quality in a number of areas.[/quote]

1. It may not be a very long season ... remember duff performances under Lambert against Sunderland and Leicester? Yesterday might just be a bad day at the office.

2. We can''t buy players of greater quality because we aren''t owned by billionaires and have debts to pay off.

I don''t think we lack strikers, we have 3 that could easily score goals (Holt, Morrison and Vaughan) and players in the midfield capable of scoring goals. The problem is the formation and mentality in our squad now, hearing CH saying we can''t come here and expect to attack (or something like that) slightly worries me. But I really hope after yesterdays game  this will be a wake up call and we''ll play the football like we have the past 3 season.

Either of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Dieumerci Mbokni would suit that role IMO but we may have to splash a substantial amount to bring them in ( £5m-£7m range )