Now 2-1 up and looking like we played last season. Novice''s don''t they know they are technically inferior and can''t attack the champions!

1-2

Shocking - just shows you was 60 degrees and a light rain will do for the opportunities for an away team...

Been a good weekend for England goalkeepers...

1-2 now. The Saints swept forward in droves. I hope Hughton is watching and learns from it. Southampton are "technically" no better than us surely?

Lambert (R) = This season''s Holt (G?)

2-2

Well MC finally manageged to put one of those shots from inside the box away - what was that 6 now ?

Didn''t we lose 5 - 1 there last season?......But kudos to Southampton, they''re playing really well. Shamefully I thought they would struggle in the premier league but I put my hands up and say I was wrong.

2-2 now but Southampton are really going for it. Atkins may be this seasons Lambert

Balottelli missed another one !

Good to see Soton counter attacking though.. exciting game.

Gary Neville quoted Atkins as saying "You have got to find a way to try and win" After yesterdays performance and then interview I feel even more annoyed now!

its been all man city, southampton had two chances and scored both. If man city wasn''t pissing about they would of been several up

How dare you have a bit of perspective and honesty !!!

Its not such a good stick to beat Norwich with ;)

3-2

If MC had their shootimg boots on today, Soton would be down 7-0 or 7-1. It''s going to be a Blackpool-like season for them - some pretty foortball but relegation - their defence and goalkeeper just not up to the task.

"its been all man city, southampton had two chances and scored both. If man city wasn''t pissing about they would of been several up"

That''s not really the point is it? They have committed players forward and played without fear and will take a massive confidence boost from this.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]its been all man city, southampton had two chances and scored both. If man city wasn''t pissing about they would of been several up
[/quote]

May be so, but the Saints forums will not be filled with the flood of despondency that swept over this Board last night. They have quite a few positives to dwell upon.

It''s about finding a balance though, they''ll want to emulate the us of last season or Swansea - not blackpools one season in the top flight. Today has been all Blackpool

Difference as I see it is that last season we attacked from the off - Soton didn''t they parked the bus in front of the goal.

City lost Aguero and Silva misses the panalty, then City miss a string of chances from inside the box - mainly because it was so packed with bodies there was no room.

When Soton couter attacked they looked good - like us last year - but once they opened up and tried to take the game to City they got torn apart.

So yes they may feel good about the performance today, but I don''t think that is going to last long.

- BTW I didn''t see us yesterday and have no comment about that, it sounded awful and based on the Ajax game I''m not suprised we got thumped

Man City may have missed chances. But ever heard the phrase fortune favours the brave. Its painful to say but they showed all the attributes of Norwich last year. That could carry them a long way. The positive thing is though despite 2 vastly differing performances in terms of quality we both have 0 points and 37 games to go. This situation is retrievably if we go back to what our strengths are

Yes they were brave in the 2nd half, but they escaped an absolute hammering. City "missed a few chances" doesn''t even come close to describing the number of goals Soton could have let in in both halves. Good job for them that City missed that penalty around 15 min or else it could have got ugly.

So I''m less worried about Soton than the scoreline suggests, however that doesn''t detract from the massive wake up call we got. I know we can match what Soton showed in the way of attacking football - and be better at defending when we do attack than Soton were today...