Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Richard Wright

Bet he didn''t think that when he was fleecing arsenal for 30 k a week, whilst sitting on the bench for the reserves!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bet he didn''t think that when he was fleecing arsenal for 30 k a week, whilst sitting on the bench for the reserves![/quote]

He probably lived in Suffolk and drove to London then, not quite as close Preston is it...

Back in the mid-80''s I made a similar move from Norwich; I lived in the Broughton Park Hotel http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/blkbp-preston-marriott-hotel/ near Preston for 11 months before buying a house there. I was so focussed on my work in the North West I never once went in the hotel pool or the gym.

If Richard Wright gives it only 7 days before deciding he can''t manage a 12 month contract I''d say he''s decided rather too quickly.

I guess you probably didn''t have a wife and kids then Mustard. People''s priorities change over time to be fair. However it does really limit his future career options. Basically Colchester would be his dream move now in terms of location.

Well Ben Williams is meant to be on the move to Ipswich. I don''t think Wright can be fussy wage wise either if he wants to stay in East Anglia. His only really viable options are Colchester, Stevenage or Southend. Perhaps a London team at a push. Thats if they actually want him of course.

[quote user="Jacko"]I guess you probably didn''t have a wife and kids then Mustard. People''s priorities change over time to be fair. However it does really limit his future career options. Basically Colchester would be his dream move now in terms of location.[/quote]

I got married in the middle of that hotel stint and we had a son shortly after who was born up there. If he had any doubts at all, I wonder why Richard Wright didn''t offer Preston a ''try before you buy'' arrangement before signing the contract? I was a bit ill-thought out in my opinion.

I agree, Colchester Utd would be a handy move for him now...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bet he didn''t think that when he was fleecing arsenal for 30 k a week, whilst sitting on the bench for the reserves![/quote]

He probably lived in Suffolk and drove to London then, not quite as close Preston is it...[/quote]

Or everton

[quote user="Jacko"]I guess you probably didn''t have a wife and kids then Mustard. People''s priorities change over time to be fair. However it does really limit his future career options. Basically Colchester would be his dream move now in terms of location.[/quote]

Or Diss Town

I presume Wright was rather less keen on the regime under Westley, perhaps sent a text telling Westley. Westley is an arsehole in case you were not aware with own ideas of running a club it worked in Conference but willnot work in Football League.