Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Hucks - to return as a coach?

Hucks is currently tweeting about the third day of his FIFA Pro A Licence coaching course down at Reading.  Once he''s got it you would expect he''d actually want to use it in earnest.  I''d assume no-one would object to him joining the coaching staff at Colney?  It would be good for his enthusiasm to rub off on the youngsters in the Academy.

Agreed. He''s a good footballing man which definitely comes across in his autobiography.

I''d like to see him at the club working with the youngsters and then after he''s got some years experience at working on the other side of the playing staff it''d be nice to see him influence the senior players.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Hucks is currently tweeting about the third day of his FIFA Pro A Licence coaching course down at Reading.  Once he''s got it you would expect he''d actually want to use it in earnest.  I''d assume no-one would object to him joining the coaching staff at Colney?  It would be good for his enthusiasm to rub off on the youngsters in the Academy.[/quote]...and his skill.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning.

When Hucks left, he very publicly stated he would never play against Norwich again. I assume the same goes for coaching/managing a team?

I''ve always felt that there''s a case for a striker on the coaching staff in some capacity, possibly with the youth and development squads but also to work with the first team strikers as a unit. Other teams have them. Perhaps Hucks or Chris Sutton might well fit the bill.

He was an influential player at the club and can be an influential coach. In a way Pilks reminds me of Hucks a bit and he could really benefit from Hucks coaching

I can see him coaching at Norwich in the not so distant future, however i think it would be too soon for him to coach the current team. From all accounts he knows a fair few of the players and is friends with them, sometimes that relationship can get in the way of a good coach - take Martin Johnson being head coach of the England rugby team, was always going to have problems because of his close relationship with some senior players. On the other hand, it may not be a problem at all!! Would love to see him back in the NCFC set up