Sign in to follow this  
Glasgows Green & White

Enjoy Glasgow

To all fans coming up over the next few days. I hope you enjoy Glasgow and your visit to Paradise. Pub wise the centre of town is worthwhile during the day and mid afternoon or pre match you can walk to the Gallowgate area of the city, this is is the Celtic part of town. You will get a warm welcome in all these boozers and it''s about a 10 minute straight walk to the ground from there. There is a place called bridgeton near Glasgow green try and avoid that dump unless your a Hun. After the game if your going out the top end of sauchiehall street is packed with good pubs and clubs and so is Royal Exchange Square just off George Square. Celtic offer a good tour of the stadium as well which explains our history etc. I hope you all enjoy our city the way we did yours! Oh and don''t mention Rangers cause they died earlier this summer !

[quote user="Mister Chops"] [8] [8]Don''t sell McCourt,My Paddy McCourt,I just don''t think you''d understand.... [8] [8][/quote][8] [8]But if you sell McCourt,Your Paddy McCourt,We''ll swap him for Wesley Hoolahan.... [8] [8]

I''m sure you''ll hear that on Tuesday ! Straight across from where you all will be sitting is our section where the Green Brigade are located, I''m 100% sure that''ll be sung. Our pre season so far has been terrible so hopefully Tuesday will be a good night all round.

Thanks for the pre-match welcome Glasgow.I''m looking forward to visiting Paradise. I''m told there could be around 1200 of us there on the night.......not quite the huge turnout you managed at our place but pretty impressive by us for such a long distance friendly.Also looking forward to a pint or three pre/after match so thanks for the advice. Not so looking forward to the sore head on Wed.Don''t be too surprised if you hear a few Canary fans with Scottish accents. There were quite a few the last time we played at Carlisle so expect the same this time.Don''t think we''ve much love for Rangers around these parts. We don''t sing, " Always s*it on the ol'' blue and white " for nothing .....[;)]

You might need to explain that a ''hun'' is a supporter of the ever wealthy Glasgow Rangers (as was) not a German or cringy name used by women

To those going, have fun. It''s a great City and if you are friendly the natives are so as well

It''s also not half a bad stadium either

Thanks for the advise GG&W, I will be driving up where is the best place to park my car near to the ground?We should be leaving 25 degrees of sunshire down here in east anglia hope we don''t have to endure some of your usual ''Scottish summer weather''!! ha haLike you we haven''t had the best start to our pre-season so hoping that improves.....would probably settle for an agreeable draw?Have a good one!

The best place is probably Parkhead Forge, that''s a shopping centre at the back of the away end. The but the away support used to park at has been turned in to a huge velodrome for the commonwealth games so I would suggest there and just walk round. You''ll see the way no bother as the fans will be heading in the right direction. Tuesdays supposed to be decent weather, so fingers crossed it''s not pushing it down!! A draw would be great for us cause so far it''s been the worst pre season I can remember and we''ve no new players in which is disappointing as well. Still we look forward to seeing you and I hope it''s a good game and good atmosphere. Safe journey to all coming.

Cheers GG&W I will try the velodrome.  How many supporters are you expecting to the game any idea?We''ve just lost 3-2 to Herta Berlin so a draw would be good!Our main changes, as you probably know, have been with the management Paul Lambert has gone to manage a little prem outfit called AstonVilla!!Seems most of our efforts so far in the transfer market has been signing our better players on improved contracts (to keep them out of PL''s reach...hopefully) but we have signed Steven Whittacker on a free from the other (ex) club in your fine city so don''t hold it against us! Also a promising lad from barnsley but he''s recovering from injury but thats it so far transferwise.  I''m just hoping we can keep the momentum going from the past 3 seasons have been on a bit of a roll but I think its going to be pretty tuff this season there''ll be 7 or 8 clubs who are all pretty evenly matched in the bottom half of the league.I''m guessing Celtic will walk the league title next season, do you think any of the other SPL teams will give you a run for your money? 

It''s hard to tell how many we''ve sold as it''s a season ticket game. We''ve a large support from Ireland and up north so not sure on the numbers that will travel on a Tuesday night, this would have been so much better on a saturday. I sit in the Celtic end so I''ll try and take some photos of your end and download them.

I was surprised at Lambert, he has been stupid. Villa have ideas way above their station so I reckon he''ll get two years or so there. Will def be watching your results this year and ive got my Norwich top as well now!! We should win the league with little problems however we are not buying any new players unless we qualify for the champs league and with our defence as it is that is not going to happen. Nearest rivals up here probably Dundee Utd and Hearts always raise their game against us. If we''re on sky playing them at Tynecastle try and watch that, I reckon we hate them more than the Huns and they hate us even more,, so the footballs not been that good for a no of years and ir might get better if all teams are now on a better level with each other plus the Cheats are gone,,!