Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Peterborough pubs

I''ve had two recommendations - The Brewery Tap, which is just over the dual carriageway from the station, and Charters, a pub on a boat a couple of minutes'' walk from the ground, just next to the bridge that you''ll cross if walking from town centre/station. Has a big beer garden too.

Both are run by the Oakham Brewery so do good beer and food.

Charters is by far and away the best option in my humble opinion. Two minutes walk from the ground, a really good atmosphere, outside seating available, and the best selection of ales for miles around.

There aren''t too many decent pubs in Peterborough I''m afraid.The Brewery Tap in Westgate is very near the train station and is opp the bus station. Big place but only does Thai food. Good selection of beers though. No gardenThe Drapers Arms in Cowgate is the standard Wetherspoons. It''s very near the station, 5 mins via the underpass into town.No garden.Charters is probably best if the weathers decent. It''s an old barge moored very close to the ground and about 10 min walk from the station. There''s a big garden area and they often do barbeques.The Coalheavers Arms is probably most like the smaller real ale boozers in Norwich. It''s in Park St, again close to the ground but down a little side street off Fletton Avenue so a bit tricky to find. Has a beer garden and sometimes does barbeques.Hope this helps. (  It''s Charters pre-match and Coalheavers after for me by the way )