Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Prediction Thread.

So getting off villa/holt/hughton/culverhouse threads,

Who do you think and also who would you like on the first day of the season?Prediction : Reading (h)Would like: West Ham (H)

This thread will probaly get slaughterd but thought i''d try something different!

Predict - Everton Away

Hope - Swansea Home - would be a good marker for how both of us compare to last year

Prediction- Southampton (home)Would like- Man City (away)The reasoning for this is that we never seem to do well on the opening day (our last three have been a 7-1 loss, 3-2 loss and 1-1 draw). So I''d rather lose to a big team like Man City (and let''s face it, we''ve got no chance of winning at the Etihad anyway) than a team that''ll be around us come May (e.g Southampton). Plus, it''s better to get the tough fixtures out of the way early on. Although because I''ve said that the fixture computer will throw out the opposite of what I want. :P

I would prefer a tough fixture to kick off with. Either of the Manchesters or Chelsea away. Before these teams get into their stride.

First day fixtures are notoriously unpredictable and a point would be a massive and unexpected bonus, along with the fact that one of these games was out of the way.

CH''s new team would be "in at the deep end," so to speak and many advocate this after all. Not sure I do though and I still can''t swim. 

As well, this being a Euro year, those club''s players, to a virtual man, may well be a little less fresh than our own. 

Match of the Day''s first main game? Yes please, especially as ITFC will probably be at home to the likes of Huddersfield.

No you wanted away from villa etc

But villa on opening day would be something to shout about....home or away a win would be a must......

[quote user="LA.CANARY"]No you wanted away from villa etc

But villa on opening day would be something to shout about....home or away a win would be a must......[/quote]I doubt we''ll get Villa on the first day considering we played them on the final day last season.

I don''t think it''ll matter to be honest. We''ll be ready to take on the world having stuffed Celtic, Ajax and Borussia Munchenblrblaahbblra.... Them.

Oh, and lost to McDons...... [A]