Sign in to follow this  
simo

The Media's annoying speculation

Probably true, but annoying all the same. Lambert coming back for Holt, we know, steal Naughton off our hands, and take Ayala and Howson maybe.Seriously, Rodgers at Liverpool will probably not to this, so why him?

He took Tierney and Fox from Colchester so he''s got no problem dismantling his previous club.

[quote user="Fozzie"]He took Tierney and Fox from Colchester so he''s got no problem dismantling his previous club.[/quote]
The difference between those two players and the current players (Howson etc.) is that Fox was a reserve and was close to be putting on the transfer list, and Tierney had six months left on his contract and was sold rather than losing him on a free transfer. All the players that were mentioned in the original post are on long term contracts with the club and are all considered valuable members of the squad. He may get Naughton, as he is not contracted to Norwich city, but the other three will not be going cheep, if at all. 

Get used to it simo there is a long summer ahead before the season gets under way and rumours will be pinging around in all directions with regard to transfers in and out.

[quote user="simo"]Probably true, but annoying all the same.
Lambert coming back for Holt, we know, steal Naughton off our hands, and take Ayala and Howson maybe.
Seriously, Rodgers at Liverpool will probably not to this, so why him?
[/quote]

The difference between Lambert and Rodgers is that Rodgers has made a big step up so players from his former team aren''t the ones he wants to strengthen his new team.  Whereas Lambert...

Manager tells Chairman his targetsChairman / Financial co-ordinator / Manager contacts club with offerCLUB REFUSES OR ACCEPTS OFFERClub discuss contract details with playerPlayer signs / refuses to sign

Everyone keeps missing this crucial part of the puzzle. Do you honestly think that McNasty would allow people to go to Villa just like that ? Players under contract have very little power unless you play for a spineless club like Man City ;) The case of Carlos Tevez is a pretty rare one to be honest !I say let Lambert come !!!

I still don''t get this obsession with Lambert raiding us for players.  Surely his target will be to get Villa back up the league into the top half.  How do people think he''s gonna do that by signing players who''ve only had 1 season in the prem?  Howson aint going for less than probably £8-10mil seeing as we signed him a lengthy contract for £2mil.  Holt''s gonna cost £5m or so and Ayala i''m not really that fussed about.  If we got £2-3m for him i''d take it.  If rumours are tru, thats most of his budget gone.

I can''t believe how adding 2 or 3 players, from a club that finished 12, is make a club that finished 16th, top10, or top 8 contenders. 

I''d be gutted if we lost out on Naughton for £4mil, however, i''d expect wages could be an issue.  Same old story really,, but I respect we have to run a tight ship. 

To be hinest, i''ll be really surprised if Lambert comes back for anyone other than Holt.  I''m delighted Russell Martin has signed an extension as Lambert clearly liked him.