Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

El Ahmadi and Whittingham.

Look likely to be Paul Lamberts first signings at Aston Villa. I wonder if they would have been the same players that he would have tried to sign at Norwich. I doubt Transfer fees and contracts would have been an issue for us either with these two players. Hopefully Hughton can pull off some real high calibre signings this summer to take us to the next level. Really looking forward to the next few weeks ahead.

Peter Whittingham?, Villa going back for their ex-players who are now plying their trade in the Championship? I wonder whether this is the kind of signing Villa fans would have had in mind but if it''s the calibre of player that they are in for ,I''m fairly comfortable in the knowledge that the have very little money to spend. My god do I hope this blows up in Lambert''s face.

I can''t see anything on the news sites about Villa in for Whittingham. I''d take him here though, his stats are pretty amazing for his position. 49 goals and 36 assists in last 3 seasons. Signing players from lower leagues hasn''t done us much bad lately.

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"]I can''t see anything on the news sites about Villa in for Whittingham. I''d take him here though, his stats are pretty amazing for his position. 49 goals and 36 assists in last 3 seasons. Signing players from lower leagues hasn''t done us much bad lately.
[/quote]

yes, but we''re not a "big" club like Villa?!?.....can''t remember the last time they bought anyone from a lower division?

"On 26th June 2012, Cardiff City accepted a bid from Aston Villa for Whittingham. Norwich City had also had a bid accepted for Wittingham, but decided against signing the former Aston Villa player after he failed to impress in a trial. Wittingham was deemed not good enough for European football by the canaries and was therefore free to link up with Norwich City''s former manager ''See Yoo Jimmay'' in sunny Birmingham."

haha brilliant

Not seen any Villa links with Whittingham but the early season transfer soeculation suggests that Lambert hasnlt changed his transfer targets dramatically from those he would have pursued with us. I think with el Ahmadi being a defensive CM, the fee around £2.8m and his wages demands also supposedly not sky high he will definitely have been one of the players on the list Lambert gave to McNally.

Its not a coincidence that us and Villa are being linked with several of the same players. That said i suspect in many cases we will have dropped our interest now and CH will have other ideas.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"]I can''t see anything on the news sites about Villa in for Whittingham. I''d take him here though, his stats are pretty amazing for his position. 49 goals and 36 assists in last 3 seasons. Signing players from lower leagues hasn''t done us much bad lately.[/quote]

yes, but we''re not a "big" club like Villa?!?.....can''t remember the last time they bought anyone from a lower division?

[/quote]Fabian Delph I think.