Sign in to follow this  
Officer Tillys small Willies (Nigel,lappy)

O/T Who will you pick for top scorer in the euros???

I have a fiver on Robert Lewandowski at 25/1. The top scorer is only gonna get 4/5 max i would have thought, so only takes one player to score a few in the group stages and they could be away. Group A is a good bet where top scorer may come from.

Other players to consider - Huntelaar, Muller, Baros

[quote user="hans moleman"]How abour a Russian? Group A is full of crap and Pavlyuchenko at 66/1 could be worth a punt?[/quote]If he was going to play and he was any good he might be...Chances are that he''ll be limited to sub appearances as Kerzhakov is usually first choice unless injured, and with Pogrebnyak being a close second, Pavlyuchenko''s playing time may not be that much.Not really worth a gamble tbh, as although the group overall is poor, there isn''t really a standout team if we''re honest, and I''d personally take the Czech''s over the Russians, but think both will go through anyway.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]How about Helda Postiga of Portugal. Must have a sneeky outside chance with Nani and Ronaldo supplying the chances for him.[/quote]I think there''s more chance of me winning the golden boot than Postiga.Nani and Ronaldo don''t even bother passing to him half the time, they just score themselves instead...

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Sneijder 50/1 Ibrahimovic 50/1 Robben 40/1 Pedro 66/1 Ozil 66/1 Yes please![/quote]

Ozil is a brilliant player but not a prolific goal scorer. He only scored 6 goals for Madrid last season and they score goals for fun.

Sneijder is only worth a handful of goals a season too, although he is a bit more prolific for the Dutch.

Zlatan is a decent goal scorer at international level but Sweden probably won''t go too far so perhaps Robben is the best bet.

the Euros always seem to throw up one or 2 suprises. home form, decent striker in his prime, if he can grab 4 or 5 goals he might win it.. i''ll go for Shevchenko. Think the Ukraine might make the semi''s.if not Olic for Croatia... if they get it right they could be dark horses... beat one of spain or Italy and they have an easier run in to the final