Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Norwich City boss Lambert said to be top of Aston Villa' wanted list

.......and winning the lottery on Saturday is top of my wanted list!!

Just because something is on your wanted list, doesn''t mean its a done deal!

Stop for a moment and think logically about this - there are 7 key points:

1) Why did Lambert''s mentor "the Gaffer" leave Aston Villa? (Expect that conversation between those 2 has already happened)

2) I would be amazed if Aston Villa has a big war chest

3) I suspect that Lerner wants to get out, and is using Lambert as his "sweetener" to any prospective buyer

4) Lambert would hardly be "gagging" for the role, knowing that he''s now considered as an "also ran" - after RM & OGS

4) Lambert is not stupid - he is in it for the longer term - he knows that a short term gain could end his prospects of one of the big clubs

5) Lambert is not stupid (v2) - he realises that to be successful at one of the big clubs, he needs more Premiership experience

6) There is the trinity of "right person, right place, right time" - Mike Walker was "right" - then he left - and it all went wrong for him

7) And, most importantly, Lambert has given no indication that he wants to leave Norwich, or join any other club!

...and regarding the sentiments behind points 4, 5 & 6 above, I feel sorry that Brendan Rodgers want to leave Swansea, although his past record is hardly glittering, he got the 3 "rights" at Swansea. TBH I''m not surprised that RM didn''t take the job - he''s not stupid!

I agreee - which is why the news that he actually is leaving is such a shock!Disclaimer: 1% chance remains that this is horse s%#!

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

.......and winning the lottery on Saturday is top of my wanted list!!

Just because something is on your wanted list, doesn''t mean its a done deal!

Stop for a moment and think logically about this - there are 7 key points:

1) Why did Lambert''s mentor "the Gaffer" leave Aston Villa? (Expect that conversation between those 2 has already happened)

2) I would be amazed if Aston Villa has a big war chest

3) I suspect that Lerner wants to get out, and is using Lambert as his "sweetener" to any prospective buyer

4) Lambert would hardly be "gagging" for the role, knowing that he''s now considered as an "also ran" - after RM & OGS

4) Lambert is not stupid - he is in it for the longer term - he knows that a short term gain could end his prospects of one of the big clubs

5) Lambert is not stupid (v2) - he realises that to be successful at one of the big clubs, he needs more Premiership experience

6) There is the trinity of "right person, right place, right time" - Mike Walker was "right" - then he left - and it all went wrong for him

7) And, most importantly, Lambert has given no indication that he wants to leave Norwich, or join any other club!

...and regarding the sentiments behind points 4, 5 & 6 above, I feel sorry that Brendan Rodgers want to leave Swansea, although his past record is hardly glittering, he got the 3 "rights" at Swansea. TBH I''m not surprised that RM didn''t take the job - he''s not stupid!

[/quote]

apart from apparantly walking out on us tonight ?!!?!?!?

Ummm, have you just come in from the pub and not heard the other major news story of the night? The one not about Villa wanting Lambert...

GJL

You response "apart from apparantly walking out on us tonight ?!!?!?!?"

That''s news to me, and SKY and everyone else.......

I would have thought that IF Lambert had walked out on Norwich tonight, that would have been the main headline on SSN, as opposed to the 3rd report saying that AV will approach NCFC to talk to Lambert.........

As I said earlier, Lambert is not stupid, and "walking out in a huff" would put him out of the running of any of the big clubs.

For example, MON was once considered one of the hottest properties in the land......unfortunately, since walking out of AV, there didn''t seem to be too many pundits clamouring for him to be the next England coach, or to take over the Liverpool vacancy....."walking out in a huff" does nothing to enhance once reputation. The "huffer" may like to think they have walked as a matter of principle, unfortunately, others don''t look upon it in the same light.

ABC - Skysports is on a loop overnight, from 11pm onwards. It has been reported by various journos on twitter, the sun, the telegraph, the times all reporting it and Sky Sports presenter/one of our own Simon Thomas is tweeting about it.

I agree it''s a bad move for Lambert, but this isn''t just some idle rumour, you''re setting yourself up for a fall here pal.

MON is Irish and I doubt the England job (or any international job) is very interesting to someone as hands on as MON and Liverpool job wouldn''t interest him as he doesn''t like not having complete control of footballing matters.

FAO ABC:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/30/aston-villa-paul-lambert-norwich?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

https://twitter.com/#!/search/paul%20lambert

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4347635/Paul-Lambert-quits-Norwich-after-furious-row-over-Villa-job.html

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-05-31/report-paul-lambert-quits-as-norwich-city-manager/

https://twitter.com/#!/SimonThomasSky

Yes, but it''s the same story/rumour regurgitated. There only seems to be one source, the Times tweeter, whilst the Guardian even go as far as guessing our short list of replacements. Absurd.

There may or may not be an element of truth in all this, but I prefer to wait for the hard facts.