Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Permission to speak...

If the reports are true and Lambert has quite does that mean we miss out on compensation? Swansea are reported to be getting 3–5 Million for Rogers. Personally I think we should let Lambert go if he wants to leave. We all knew it would happen at some point and there''d be no hard feelings from me. At the end of the day we still have a football club and PL dragged us from L1 and near administration to the premiership. For that we must be ever thankful.

I think we should still get compensation, he''s still technically contracted to us as a club and surely has to fulfil his contract obligations

All this ''permission to speak'' makes me laugh. Lambert was tapped up a while ago and all Villa are doing is making an approach ''official''. If Lambert uses the ''lack of funds'' card, I will be annoyed, because that''s clearly always going to be the case at Norwich City.

Warning to Villa fans: As good as he is, if he''s successful, he''ll walk out on you as well. You have been warned!

Something tells me Colchester fans are rather smug this morning...

Yes we will still get compensation, it is an identical situation to how we got PL in the first place. It may come through a tribunal but we will get our compensation.

[quote user="basil brush"]All this ''permission to speak'' makes me laugh. Lambert was tapped up a while ago and all Villa are doing is making an approach ''official''. If Lambert uses the ''lack of funds'' card, I will be annoyed, because that''s clearly always going to be the case at Norwich City. Warning to Villa fans: As good as he is, if he''s successful, he''ll walk out on you as well. You have been warned! Something tells me Colchester fans are rather smug this morning...[/quote]

PL has taken Norwich far more notches up the league ladder than he managed at Colchester. Whatever the outcome I''m grateful for that!

[quote user="General Melchett"]If the reports are true and Lambert has quite does that mean we miss out on compensation? Swansea are reported to be getting 3–5 Million for Rogers. Personally I think we should let Lambert go if he wants to leave. We all knew it would happen at some point and there''d be no hard feelings from me. At the end of the day we still have a football club and PL dragged us from L1 and near administration to the premiership. For that we must be ever thankful.[/quote]

"in Lambert we trust"