Sign in to follow this  
chris_sabian

Di Canio

The man just strikes me as a winner. Ok, he''s only got a league two club promoted and he''s not everyones cup of tea, but compared to some of the names being thrown around here this afternoon, I think he would be great. The local press won''t know whats hit them after three years of Lambert press conferences and interviews.Shame he''s only just signed a new contract with Swindon, although that hasn''t stopped other players and managers in the past.Just please to God don''t let it be Bruce, McKay, McLeish or any of the merrygorounders. Even Hughton I don''t think is particularly inspiring.

Apart from the fact the guy is a massive fascist, I think he would be a good choice.

He can motivate players, has a lot of experience at all levels of football and probably has a lot of connections.

And, if all goes pear-shaped next season at least he is a complete lunatic so the ride would be fun!

Who gives a shit what his political views are? He''s a football manager in England, he''s not going to start hitler saluting our fans is he?

i care, he is representing our club. If your happy having that sort of person being a key figure in our club, then you don''t care too much about our image.

Fascist?I bet he dresses smart then. [Y]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Fascist?I bet he dresses smart then. [Y][/quote]Fair play.

Well I just think of him as being a very colourful character. Swindon''s image/reputation hasn''t plummeted since he''s been in charge has it?

While we''re at it why don''t we sign Ched Evans and Lee Hughes, because let''s be honest their "colourfulness" doesn''t affect their footballing ability...

Please enlighten me as to when Di Canio has raped or assaulted a woman? Completely different situations. Have you seen any of Di Canio''s interviews this season? That is what I mean by colourful.If you think that Ched Evans being sentenced for rape and Di Canio saluting Lazio fans is even on the same level...well I don''t even know what to say.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Who gives a shit what his political views are? He''s a football manager in England, he''s not going to start hitler saluting our fans is he?[/quote]Well, di Canio does seem the sort of person to get caught up in the moment; so it wouldn''t surpised me if he did a fascist salute after scoring an important goal or something (bare in mind he did a fascist salute while at Lazio).

Not on the same level as Evans I''ll accept. But I''d rather we didn''t have a fascist or rapist at our club.

I for one would mount an immediate campaign for removal, he is a loose cannon, dodgy man motivator and more than anything else is a fascist piece of shit