Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Sky sports- Ruddy picked

In the good old days, the squad would be announced at a certain time, and you''d find out who the whole 22 were at that time.

Maybe I''m getting old, or getting update fatigue.

Really pleased for him (assuming this is true). To be honest it annoys me that they are describing this as "extraordinary" and a "surprise". It should be an absolute no-brainer that he''s in. Apart from Hart he''s the only other English ''keeper (available for selection) playing regularly in the Premier League.Two fingers to journalist Shaun Custis, who on that "Hold the Back Page" programme the other day, when asked whether he would include Ruddy in his squad, just grimaced and said "erm... no" as though he''d forgotten of his existence.

[quote user="ryan1992"]They understand he has been picked for the Euro squad, great news![/quote]

Its not being announced until 1pm.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]They understand he has been picked for the Euro squad, great news![/quote]

Its not being announced until 1pm.

[/quote]

But with lots of people in FA knowing, every football club that has a player picked knowing and every player already knowing there are a LOT of leaks out there. I would take a lot of these ''understandings'' that SKY and the BBC have as being 90% accurate - maybe more so anything the BBC are saying as they don''t usually mess around with speculation. Someone has told somebody, somewhere.

[quote user="Northluck C."]Really pleased for him (assuming this is true). To be honest it annoys me that they are describing this as "extraordinary" and a "surprise". It should be an absolute no-brainer that he''s in. Apart from Hart he''s the only other English ''keeper (available for selection) playing regularly in the Premier League.Two fingers to journalist Shaun Custis, who on that "Hold the Back Page" programme the other day, when asked whether he would include Ruddy in his squad, just grimaced and said "erm... no" as though he''d forgotten of his existence.[/quote]Biggest surprise will be Downing. zero goals, zero assists.

In reality it shouldn''t be that pivotal to how England get on this selection. But if he can get a cap in one of the friendlies I will be absolutely made up for him. But how people can say he shouldn''t be in the squad is beyond me. His only other contenders playing regular first team football are Robert Green and Scott Carson. Both are playing at a lower level and both have been pretty badly damaged through some very negative experiences of playing for England. Thats the only reservation I would have about his selection. I don''t want the same happening to our man.

I think the good thing with Ruddy is that he is unlikely to get too much exposure of the pressure. Hart''s undoubted number one, so hopefully Ruddy''s involvement will be limited to a friendly appearance - that way he gets his cap and IF he makes a complete balls up of anything, then it''s not likely to see him get the same sort of grief as Green got for doing it in the world cup, or Carson got for doing it in Euro qualifiers.

Great experience for him, playing and training with some world class players, in an international set up. Will also be good for him to get experience of playing and training abroad etc. for when he''s in those European campaigns with us in a few years time!! haha.

[quote user="Aggy"]I think the good thing with Ruddy is that he is unlikely to get too much exposure of the pressure. Hart''s undoubted number one, so hopefully Ruddy''s involvement will be limited to a friendly appearance - that way he gets his cap and IF he makes a complete balls up of anything, then it''s not likely to see him get the same sort of grief as Green got for doing it in the world cup, or Carson got for doing it in Euro qualifiers. Great experience for him, playing and training with some world class players, in an international set up. Will also be good for him to get experience of playing and training abroad etc. for when he''s in those European campaigns with us in a few years time!! haha.[/quote]

I think he''s been picked for England, Aggy, rather than Spain or Germany...[;)]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Northluck C."]Really pleased for him (assuming this is true). To be honest it annoys me that they are describing this as "extraordinary" and a "surprise". It should be an absolute no-brainer that he''s in. Apart from Hart he''s the only other English ''keeper (available for selection) playing regularly in the Premier League.Two fingers to journalist Shaun Custis, who on that "Hold the Back Page" programme the other day, when asked whether he would include Ruddy in his squad, just grimaced and said "erm... no" as though he''d forgotten of his existence.[/quote]Biggest surprise will be Downing. zero goals, zero assists.[/quote]FFS!! What a surprise.