Sign in to follow this  
Jules

NCFC Goal of the Season

I''ve just watched the candidates for NCFC Goal of the Season on the Canaries Player and it brought a huge grin to my face. Our lads scored some terrific goals this season. But which one gets the accolade of Goal of the Season. Any one of them deserves the pride but if I must choose three stand out - Holt''s goal against Everton. How did he get that in? Holt with his back to the goal and against about 6 Toffees (including one on the line) but with quick feet and a turn he slots it home. He doesn''t need to look because he has that innate goal poacher''s instinct to know where the net is. Brilliant! The next one to stand out for me is Morrison''s goal against Blackburn. Another great piece of individual skill. Bennett heads it back to Morro''s feet, one touch to flick it up and then with minimal back lift he volleys the ball past Robinson. Terrific composure and skill. But I think all things considered the best one for me is Surman''s goal against Wolves. It''s the best for me because almost the whole team are involved in a lovely flowing move from defence into attack and from right hand side to left hand side. Everyone seems to know instinctively where they should be as the attack develops. Surman is involved half way through but continues to power into the box as the ball is spread wide. Wes puts a peach of a cross in and it''s met so sweetly by Surman''s head. A real team goal that sums up the key to Norwich''s success over these last three seasons. What a team Lambert has built! :) What are your thoughts on the Goal of the Season?

Blimey, numerous typos in my post above. It was late at night. It was Barnett of course that laid the ball back for Morro, not Bennett. In any case, what''s your favourite Canary goal of the season?

Holt vs. Liverpool has been debated as our best goal, a towering header in amongst 3 players from a wicked Pilkington (or was it Bennett?) cross to head us level infront of the Kop after just coming on as a substitute!

That and his chip and header at home vs. Wolves was rather special!

And of course, a good mention to Bennett''s winner against Spurs, not just for the quality strike, but for winning the 3 points we deserved!

The two that stand out for me - more as individual efforts against quality sides are the two already mentioned above - Holt away at Anfield and Bennett at White Hart Lane.

[quote user="AJ"]Holt vs. Liverpool has been debated as our best goal, a towering header in amongst 3 players from a wicked Pilkington (or was it Bennett?) cross to head us level infront of the Kop after just coming on as a substitute!

That and his chip and header at home vs. Wolves was rather special!

And of course, a good mention to Bennett''s winner against Spurs, not just for the quality strike, but for winning the 3 points we deserved![/quote]Am looking forward to getting the DVD !!Yes, Holt''s goal against Liverpool was good as the defenders couldn''t jumped as high and clattered into each other. Holt''s goal against Wolves(?) where he chips the keeper then heads in. If Rooney had done that the MotD team would be doing indecent things! Bennets goal against Spurs, as I was there, saw hime with the ball and had no idea who he could pass to and just thought he''s have to back-track then BAM !! Morrison''s goal against Arsenal; he did SO well to keep his nerve and clearly had had a few people criticising him beforehand too.

I agree with Moro''s goal against Arsenal, it was a very well taken strike especially in the circumstances, and the atmosphere it made to equalise at the Emirates surely adds a bit more to the goal.

Oh, and it would be Surman against Wolves. Brilliantly crafted team goal and a superb finish.