Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Writing to the Board - would it achieve anything?

I have to say that I''m one of many depressed supporters noting on this message board at the moment. Not necssarily because of the fact that the club hasn''t managed to cut it at the highest level, but because of the way they have capitulated since Christmas in a way that is not like the City we saw earlier in the season.

Clearly with the earlier Pink''Un reports about the uptake of season tickets for next season there isn''t much financial pressure on the board of the club to change anything. If I were running the "business" and my operations manager was performing this badly I would have him in front of the board to assure us that things were going to change. That doesn''t appear to have happened or is going to happen.

So I have to question whether:

a) it is worth writing to Mr Munby directly to express my concerns as a supporter and shareholder in the club over what is currently happeneing;

b) writing to the chairman/board would actually achieve anything.

I think Worthy had a large majority of support from posters on this board but if he continues to field the same eleven from now until the season end will that continue to be true?

[quote]I have to say that I''m one of many depressed supporters noting on this message board at the moment. Not necssarily because of the fact that the club hasn''t managed to cut it at the highest level, but ...[/quote]

If I said everything on my last ''chat'' with Munby, Morph, the moderators wouldn''t allow it!.

Let''s just use words like Walker, best man and job, 2 weeks before he was sacked!.

And we know how that turned out don''t we?.

Save your time and stamp.

Definitely, do it, here''s a template you can use.

Dear Mr Munby

I am astonished at the performance of the team this season and feel something must be done. I fully expected us to be challenging for the Champions League this season and it hasn''t happened. Get that there Walker back in charge, he''s a good un an we should ave that Deehan back again. We''d be beating Bayern Munich again and spending six figure sums on players. That Worthington''s done nothing for the club. I expect the club to be in a mid-table dogfight back in Div 1 next season as I can''t take that success we''ve had in recent years. Please take steps to please the fans otherwise you''ll be looking at sell-out crowds next season rather than than 15,000 I''ve been used to in recent years.

Your Faithfully

Mr P I Inthesky

Cloud Cuckooland, Nr The Gumdrop River

Chocolate Lane, Norwich

[quote]Definitely, do it, here''s a template you can use. Dear Mr Munby I am astonished at the performance of the team this season and feel something must be done. I fully expected us to be challenging for ...[/quote]

Nice one ncfc4prem !      

Could also add, "why haven''t we matched the spending of Chelsea & Co ?"  

You are right Ncfc4prem , How on earth could us supporters even have hoped to compete with the might of Palace,West Brom ,Southampton, Portsmouth ,Fulham and all the other wealthy giants of the premier league.How silly of us all .Maybe with all the selection and tactical changes going on at the moment we could get a cardboard cutout to manage the team and save on the Worthless wages.

Of course no one thought we would be challenging for honours, but surely we all thought we would be scrapping our way for every point to try to stay in the division?  Of course relegation was always a possibility/probability for us, but I for one am most disappointed that at the moment we seem to be going without putting up much of a fight; this is the really disappointing thing given how much we all wanted to be here.

[quote]Definitely, do it, here''s a template you can use. Dear Mr Munby I am astonished at the performance of the team this season and feel something must be done. I fully expected us to be challenging for ...[/quote]

Thank you I''ll use that as a starter ;-)Tell me ncfc4prem, are you happy with the way the season has gone?Yes, oh well then I guess there are a few posters on here who don''t have very high hopes for their club.I didn''t expect us to be up challenging for honours, but as Branston said it was not beyond us to expect us to be challenging for that 17th spot. I''d be happy if we were 20th knowing that at least the management and players had shown some guts and pride, but as so many have noted since Christmas the team hasn''t exactly been excelling. What''s worse is the management seemed to be reluctant to change anything - dare I say it scared to change anything.On Saturday we were up against class, not doubt about it but it only went to highlight how poorly we played. The whole incident with Henry towards the end when Safri then went and took him out - he was taking the p**s - a) because he could and b) because our players let him do it.Now you can''t argue that we were up against class against Bolton in the previous game, but a certain team in yellow and green didn''t appear to turn up - well a good half of them didn''t. Was that good enough? Was that what you expected? If it was, then is it too much for me (and many others on here) to hope for a little more? If you think it is too much to expect a little more then I think we''ll have another long season next season and that automatic promotion spot so many are expecting isn''t going to happen.Worthy needs a rocket. The players need several rockets - pure and simple.When the players pull on that yellow jersey I expect them to pull it on with a little pride and then to go out and give their all for that shirt. Play with some style, but most importantly at present play with some pride. We aren''t getting it and nobody, I repeat NOBODY, wants to take responsibility....

Post of the season, that.

Sums up the thoughts of every last Worthy basher on this message board.

When will those wearing yellow-and-green tinted spectacles understand - it''s not being bottom that hurts, it''s the way in which we aren''t fighting our way out that upsets people. Moreover, it''s playing an unchanged team match after match that really irritates people, when we''ve got expensive and more capable summer signings sat on the bench. If we''re not in the top four after 10 Championship games next season, then Worthy has to go.  

[quote]When will those wearing yellow-and-green tinted spectacles understand - it''s not being bottom that hurts, it''s the way in which we aren''t fighting our way out that upsets people. Moreover, it''s playin...[/quote]

If we''ve wasted 10 matches waiting for Worthy to prove himself, we''ll be too late. Worthy should be sacked now.

Also, for those defending Worthington the latest article on www.pinkun.com just further proves our point. After the match, Worthy praised the team. Now he criticises. Why the change of tune? Why when he wasn''t happy did we hear the usual rubbish?

Worthington has failed in the only task we asked of him this year - produce a "Norwich City" performance. Something we would be proud of. We wanted to go down fighting with passion, not in this limp, lifeless manner. By not even changing the line up - a line up which has produced less than half the points of almost all the other bottom four teams - it shows resignation and a lack of any fight whatsoever.

Someone has to be made responsible - and that has to be the management. Worthy out!

As for viable alternates, there are plenty! What about Peter Taylor of Hull? What about Stuart Pearce of Man City, if - as rumours are to be believed - someone else is appointed? What about Hibs Tony Mowbray? What about Ian Holloway of QPR? What about George Burley of Derby (hur hur only kidding ). What about John Gregory?

There are plenty around, just a case of looking.

Writing to the board would definately be taken notice.

My brother on the issue of standing at Carrow Road, couldn''t attend the general meeting, so he wrote a letter to the club. Neil Doncaster actually bothered to phone him back, personally, so he could hear his views. We''re a small club, and they take the views of us, the fans, very seriously!

Now the old wiz ain''t as eloquent as a lot of posters on here ncfc, but your reply must be music to Munby''s ear!.

Morph, who has a real love of our club, asked a straightforward question, and all you come up with, is a silly micky take!.

You will soon have to change your name, because we won''t be premier much longer!.

Until ''yes men'' like you, wake up and smell the roses, enjoy life under Worthy in the championship, or lower!.

No offence 1st Wizard but it''s time a lot of people woke up and smelt the roses as it were. Perhaps we could have done a little better but having spent under £4M in the summer it would be follish for anyone to think we wouldn''t be near the bottom. You can''t call for the manager to leave when he has taken this club a long way in a short space of time. West Brom are a place above us having spent far more, should we both go down then a change in manager hasn''t made the slightest bit of difference.

Us being bottom is the harsh reality of the premier league where it''s clearly obvious that the gap in quality is massive. Should all three of the promoted teams go back down then it''s a sad reflection on the state of the game.