Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Lambert Already planning for next season

Lambert has a full squad and has been ringing the changes quite a bit over the last few games. The reality is we are safe and have been for quite a few games, despite a run of recent defeats we are still 14 points clear of the bottom 3. I think one reason for the regular changes has been that the management team are keen to try different players/formations arguably not in a pressure situation ie this season whilst we have the points in the bag rather than the early part of next. This will i feel result in some departures from the club over and above the regular names mentioned such as Barnett, Martin, Lappin etc.  The surprise departures could include the likes of Morrison and  and Crofts who have struggled for form of late. It is expected that Lambert will bring in a least 3 or 4 new faces in the summer which means someone has to make way. The relegated clubs this season will all have a numbe of players who could give a good account in the premiership, Moses, Jarvis and Fletcher springing to mind. These will cost more that top championship players but you know what you are getting. Also the likes of Rodrigues at Burnley and Snodgrass still show there is quality in the championship

Good post YC. It is an ideal opportunity to look at how much quality there is in our squad, & how well they work together. It might mean some loss of income (through dropping places), but better to be absolutely sure what you want to do in the summer transfer season. Lambert would never admit it though, as I don''t think it would go down too well with the average fan!

One of the strengths for Norwich in the early part of the season was Morison and Holt getting in on goal with headers from good crosses. They have not been such a threat lately for various reasons wether that be team selection, tactics or opposition managers closing down our wide players. This team is evolving as the season progresses and we have to show some patience as players like Howson and R Bennet bed in. The quality of our play is improving MU MC Tnm Swansea don''t play hoof ball and look where they are in the league. The future is bright it is YELLOW.

H

You could argue Wigan, QPR and Bolton (post-davies) don''t play hoof ball either. In reality Stoke are the only team actively playing hoof ball with a number of others playing ''conservative'' football ala Everton, Wolves, Blackburn etc.

I don''t think he''s looking at new formations for next season, he takes each game on merit.

Until we get a pacy striker with a decent finish his preferred formation is 4-5-1. Very interesting what he does this summer with regards to transfers.

I agree with YC... I think there''s definitely a striker coming in... I''m happy with Howson, he looked good on sunday and is still growing , getting fit etc... But still I don''t think PL will be splashing out on one player.