Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Never mind...we're still in the cup!

yes.. all the teams that dont win the league and FA cup in the same season... too much of a distraction....you get relegated because you werent good enough over 38 games.. not because you get to Wembley

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"]Didn''t Porstmouth win the cup and get relegated the same season?[/quote]

As did we after winning the Milk Cup!

[/quote]Absolutely Wiz....A medal to hold when your career is over is worth more than a mid-table position no-one will remember.

Those who were watching City BEFORE the cup final could see we were a failing team. In fact we had lost at home to Sunderland the week before.But then if you are desperately scrabbling around for something to attack our club with any thing will do. Perhaps some of our consistent critics might care to tell us of their personal memories of those days.

[quote user="City1st"]Those who were watching City BEFORE the cup final could see we were a failing team. In fact we had lost at home to Sunderland the week before.But then if you are desperately scrabbling around for something to attack our club with any thing will do. Perhaps some of our consistent critics might care to tell us of their personal memories of those days.[/quote]And Mr. Ostrich buried his head... but forgot his bottom was there for the taking.....

why am I not surprised that sort of ''opportunity'' might be of great interest to you ?

[quote user="City1st"]why am I not surprised that sort of ''opportunity'' might be of great interest to you ?[/quote]At least it shows I''m a giver not a taker.....

I think your numerous posts elsewhere show what you are ........ irrespective of any basic interests

[quote user="City1st"]I think your numerous posts elsewhere show what you are ........ irrespective of any basic interests[/quote]Yes... and thank you for the compliment.  [Y]

[quote user="Ruddygore"]I don''t think it was a compliment Clucky. Only the ignorant would take it as such.[/quote]

Not really ''with it'' are you Bluddybore?Do try to keep up.  [S]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="City1st"]I think your numerous posts elsewhere show what you are ........ irrespective of any basic interests
[/quote]

Yes... and thank you for the compliment.  [Y]
[/quote]

Are there others besides me that suspect Cluck selects his thumbs up emoticon with the pinky?

Oh God.... there''s that urine smell again.  [:O]  It''s not there all the time... but seems to.............Hold that..... Found out where it''s coming from.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="City1st"]why am I not surprised that sort of ''opportunity'' might be of great interest to you ?
[/quote]

At least it shows I''m a giver not a taker.....
[/quote]

Very true, you and your ilk(and you know who i am talking about) like dishing it out on here but certainly cannot take it [;)]

Errr........what was this thread about....now let me see..........oh yes....the cup.     

A cup run will only cause problems if we don''t have enough points by the quarter finals.   That is when the pressure will start to build.   With a bit of luck we''ll eek out a few more points by then so we can enjoy the cup run and the end of the season. 

If we get to the semi finals and still need three or four points - the pressure would be on.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="City1st"]why am I not surprised that sort of ''opportunity'' might be of great interest to you ?[/quote]At least it shows I''m a giver not a taker.....[/quote]

Very true, you and your ilk(and you know who i am talking about) like dishing it out on here but certainly cannot take it [;)]

[/quote]I suppose you''ll be calling me a wife beater next Plod?........ or am I not that bad?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="City1st"]why am I not surprised that sort of ''opportunity'' might be of great interest to you ?
[/quote]

At least it shows I''m a giver not a taker.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose you''ll be calling me a wife beater next Plod?........ or am I not that bad?

[/quote]

I was making reference to your little "giver not a taker" quote Birdbrain so i rest my case as true to form you swerve what was said just like your sidekicks.

Oh Cluck, you do like to cause a stir! Not sure how you do it, my next door neighbour is clearly in a mentally unstable condition but she doesn''t get half of what you do!Think yourself lucky ol'' chap!

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh Cluck, you do like to cause a stir! Not sure how you do it, my next door neighbour is clearly in a mentally unstable condition but she doesn''t get half of what you do!Think yourself lucky ol'' chap![/quote]

Hehehe.....Very little in life bothers me Hoggy.... [;)]

"With a bit of luck we''ll eek out a few more points by then so we can enjoy the cup run and the end of the season. "ABSOLUTELY NOTthose days or ever so ''umble little ole Norwich are long gone, and our current position ably demonstrates thatwe are 10th, we have been 8th - that IS our targetsomething that will not be achieved by grovelling about on our knees