Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If 'Arry' gets the England gig...

Quite a hard one to answer, depends on who they get in (as manager), how much they have to spend etc.

I would have thought Naughton would be keen on pushing a move to Norwich, he''s never going to get ahead of Walker, and they also have other young right backs who appear to be half decent.

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"]If Arry gets the England gig, it''ll be squeaky bum time on the manager merry-go-round.
[/quote]

Not with me mate.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"]If Arry gets the England gig, it''ll be squeaky bum time on the manager merry-go-round.[/quote]

Not with me mate.

[/quote]Spurs won''t want Lambert, as good as he is.....

I think you are right that Spurs won''t want Lambert, but they might want Moyes. And then who will Everton want to get in? Remember Mike Walker? I must say it could become a worry. But it all comes down to whether Lambert would consider leaving us doesn''t it. Hopefully he wants to stay put for a couple of years at least.

Even Everton, at the minute, I sort of think why would he want to go? Their financial situation is woeful, they''ve possibly got a better squad than us right now, but can he take them any further than he can take us?

I''m not so sure.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I think you are right that Spurs won''t want Lambert, but they might want Moyes. And then who will Everton want to get in? Remember Mike Walker? I must say it could become a worry. But it all comes down to whether Lambert would consider leaving us doesn''t it. Hopefully he wants to stay put for a couple of years at least.[/quote]Yes it''s always going to be a worry.Who knows though where Paul Lambert''s ambitions want to take him and what his personal life requirements are. It could be that he''s found what makes him happy in Norfolk and the thought of returning to a city like Glasgow or anywhere ''up North'' might not be an option.It''s in the lap of the Gods as they say.

Don''t see it making any difference. If we could of afforded him in January (when Harry was there), he would be our player now. We couldn''t so he isn''t.

I reckon the first two players we''ll sign in the Summer will be Naughton and Snodgrass.

Then our Grant has a better chance of going to the Euros.

Andy Carroll? No thanks. Beanpole? Getting a bit past his best it seems. Zamora? Never that good even at his best IMO.

Grantzilla and Looney Rooney up front anybody? Give them fancy dan , ball flicking Meditteraneans some good old fashioned English forward play say I.

It might be tougher against the Dutch and Germans though but at least it would be fun and we''d go down fighting.  

I think if Redknapp gets the England job, Walker will definitely play for England, increasing his stock even more and in my opinion, making it even harder for Naughton to break through at Spuds.

If we stay up (which we will) I think Naughton should jump at the chance to sign permanently for us for the benefit of his career.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Does that improve our chances of signing Naughton?

[/quote]........must be our priority signing in the summer as long as he wants to join us of course.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I do not think the Jewish Cowboy is suggesting PL will replace Arry at Spurs if he gets the England gig, the squeaky bum time will start if the replacement is a current Premiership manager, hopefully Spurs will replace Arry with somebody like Gus Hiddink....[/quote]

or Even J  Marinio sorry cant spell portugese.