Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Mr.McNallys Rallying Call.

Yesterday McNally issued a rallying call in the build up to the first deadline day for season ticket renewals for fans to continue to get behind the team and together ith PL expressed how important to the Club the fans are.

The point i make is with season ticket sales this season being at an all time high and with around 2,000 on the waiting list why the need for such a statement? Is it that renewals have been slower than in previous years because i cannot recall such pleas in recent years or am i looking through the wrong end of the telescope?

I thought the same Til but I can''t believe the demand will be disappointing . It looks as if this was a standard statement and very similar to those published in the past. I agree the timing is strange. Perhaps in response to some disturbing noises of criticism re that cup game!!!

I expect an announcement next week exalting the tremendous backing of supporters...... I hope!

[quote user="yellow blood"]Perhaps it''s just a "reminder" to get your renewals in asap so you save yourself some money? Good customer service if you ask me![/quote]

But Plod would expect EVERY season ticket holder to be consulted before the issuing of that statement. After all you cannot have good customer service without consultation!

The best thing they could do would be to beat Leicester City and progress into the 6th Round of the FA Cup. The feel-good factor that would generate around the City would see a massive surge in renewals by fans who feel their Club is riding on the crest of a wave. Yep, nothing like a good Cup run to loosen a few wallets.

Oh! Well, just deduct the cost of a game at Chelski, travel, food; a couple of games at Wembley, travel, food. Suddenly, you have saved the cost of your renewal thanks to some clever tactics.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yesterday McNally issued a rallying call in the build up to the first deadline day for season ticket renewals for fans to continue to get behind the team and together ith PL expressed how important to the Club the fans are.

The point i make is with season ticket sales this season being at an all time high and with around 2,000 on the waiting list why the need for such a statement? Is it that renewals have been slower than in previous years because i cannot recall such pleas in recent years or am i looking through the wrong end of the telescope?

[/quote]

Well, it seems to me that McNally might have been substituting for Lambert who to my recollection has not had his usual sweet bouquets for the fans in his recent post-match interviews...........

Unreasonable booing on top of ignorant comments will do that to a man.

Smart fellow, McNally.

Of course, I could be wrong.

OTBC 

[quote user="yellow blood"]Perhaps it''s just a "reminder" to get your renewals in asap so you save yourself some money? Good customer service if you ask me![/quote]Good customer service perhaps, yellow blood, but it does seem strange behaviour from our CE considering how the club has relentlessly pursued all  ''revenue streams'' for some time.It would be in NCFC''s financial interest if existing season ticket holders missed early deadline dates and I very much doubt they''re nervous about final take up rates. With the team virtually certain of playing Premier League football next term and with a huge season ticket waiting list any gaps will be quickly filled. At top price rates too.Must be standard PR spiel rendered meaningless in our case.